Chapter 55

Astrid was not even fazed by Froda's attack. Hiccup had a sword to her neck before she even reached his wife. Stormfly and Toothless had stood up and were growling and ready to defend their humans should anyone try to harm them.

"Drop it." Hiccup hissed as Froda quickly let go of the dagger, causing it to clatter to the ground. She hesitantly took a step back as the tip of the blade was still pressed against her neck.

"H....Hiccup, darling y......you wouldn't hurt me would you?" Froda asked shyly as she batted her eyelashes.

Hiccup merely rolled his eyes.

"Really Froda? You trying to seduce Hiccup did not work the first time and now you are even trying it in front of your husband. Shame on you!" Astrid stated as she looked at the woman in contempt.

"You what!!" Geir shouted as his fists clenched.

"Oh shut up!" Froda muttered.

"Let us just get on with the sentencing." Astrid stated in a bored tone. "Both of you have already shown your true colors."

"I don't think so!!" Froda shouted haughtily as she pointed a finger at Astrid. "You can't do a thing to us. We are visiting dignitaries and we are not on Berk either so Berkian law does not apply. You-hfmmf"

"Thank you Ruffnut." Astrid said as Ruffnut took a bow while the magic around her vanished. "You have been practicing."

Froda tried to shout but no sound came out as she opened her mouth.

"I do love silencing spells." Astrid said before she glared at the two in front of her. "Now I do believe we had an agreement, this is still conclave and you all would abide by the laws of this realm." At this Thuggory and others gave their nods. "One of those is that as Queen, my decisions are final. Therefore I can sentence you for your crimes."

"Chief Geir, you shall be stripped of your title. Your father shall take over in your stead until a suitable successor can be named. The rest of your sentence will be your father's choice. Froda, for being the manipulative wretch that you are I decree that you shall be stripped of your riches and status. Your fate shall be decided upon your return to Berk but for the rest of your stay here you shall remain in the form that I give you."

Astrid shot a blast at Froda and those in the hall had to shield their eyes from the light. When the light had vanished they noticed a cactus in a flowerpot where Froda once stood.

"You'll need to.........eh...... water her, every few days." Astrid said as she had her guards led Geir, who had picked up the flowerpot, away.

"Why a cactus?" Hiccup whispered as everyone watched the them being led out.

"I was thinking of a monkey at first but that would have been a headache to keep track of." Astrid mumbled before she turned back to those in the room.

"Alright, now that that is taken care of, let's move on to why you all are originally here."

The nobles were more complacent now that they had witnesses what the Dark Queen could do to a person with ease and Thuggory stepped forward to start the negotiations.

"Your Highness as you know the Red plague is advancing, and Sielihah is taking over the kingdoms swiftly. We require a way to ensure the safety of our people. Would you be able to provide that protection?"

"You speak of protection when it is already too late for the mainland." Astrid said as many looked at her in shock. "Sielihah's influence reaches to everywhere those red clouds are. The shield surrounding Forline is only effective because it was cast before the plague spread. The shield can be cast on the Viking islands but it will be weaker than this one because the population is much smaller."

"So you cannot help us?" Thuggory now asked.

"I never said that." Astrid commented. "Forline is taking in refugees from the other realms as we speak, however we cannot keep taking in refugees even if they help strengthen the shield. There just aren't that many resources. What we need to do is take the fight to our adversary."

Astrid's statement caused a flurry of shouts of dismay to echo through the room.

"Are you seriously suggesting that we fight her?!!" A noble lady asked dismayed. "I have seen her suck the life out of my husband!!"

"Yes I am seriously suggesting that we bring the fight to her." Astrid said as she gripped the armrests of her throne. "It is the one thing that she will not be expecting. Eliminating Sielihah will reverse the effects of her magic. The plague shall dissipate and those under her control would regain their free will."

"But our attacks do nothing to her." Another stated. "She bats magic away like it is an annoying fly and our soldiers cannot even get close before she takes over their minds."

"I'm assuming only clerics battled her." Astrid stated as she saw many nod. "Their magic would have no effect on Sielihah, she herself had made sure of that. The magic that the clerics are forbidden to perform is what would deal the most damage to her and that is where dark practitioners come into play. My realm is a safe haven for those who do not wish to become clerics so there are enough practitioners here willing to get rid of the scourge that made people afraid of them."

"There is something else." Stoick suddenly spoke up.

"Sielihah's base is in Thellone. If we are to bring an army to face her then we would have to travel under those red clouds and possibly expose our men to the plague and her mind control."

"Who said anything about traveling underneath the red clouds?" Hiccup now said as he smirked. "We haven't been idle."

"What do you mean?" Dagur asked. "Don't tell me that you have another crazy plan churning in that head of yours."

"We already created a straight route to Thellone but Sielihah had not been staying in one place for very long until recently and fighting her before she revealed her true colors would only make her a martyr and ignite war between the kingdoms and Forline."

"But still those clouds. Would they not affect us?" Someone in the crowd asked skeptically.

"Let us worry about those clouds." Astrid stated.

"I still have to ask your Highness." Thuggory stated. "What would you request of our side of this deal if Sielihah is defeated?"

"Equality." Astrid stated without hesitating. "I request that the dark practitioners be treated as equals by all the kingdoms. They will not be scorned for their gifts or their ideals and can safely walk the streets without fearing for their lives or that of their families."

"That is a reasonable request your Highness. I am sure that it will be honored. If not you may call upon the rules of conclave." Thuggory readily agreed.

"Then gather what men you can. It's time we end this."