Chapter Two: Groceries [Edited]

Mitch is sleeping soundless on the couch, the TV off and Jerome is gone. Mitch moves slightly but doesn't open his eyes. There's a warm fuzzy blanket tucked in around him and a soft pillow under his head, he takes in a deep breathe and hears the front door open. Mitch opens his eyes. Light comes into the living room but is coming from the kitchen. Jerome is carrying in groceries, trying to be as quiet as he can be since Mitch is in the next room, although he isn't doing a good job. Mitch closes his eyes snuggling himself into the soft and warm blanket, falling back asleep. Jerome takes in the last of the groceries and puts Mitch's car keys on the table. Jerome walks into the living room to go check on Mitch. Jerome smiles seeing Mitch on the couch.

"Right where I left you." Jerome says to himself. Jerome goes back into the kitchen and opens the fridge, he looks inside seeing a pizza box. He pulls it out and opens it. He flinches when he sees the two pieces of moldy pizza. Jerome shuts the box and tosses it into the trash can. He opens the fridge again seeing two empty beer bottles. He takes them and throws them out too. Jerome sighs and looks over at Mitch on the couch. The kitchen and the living room are sort of attached, you can see both rooms clearly from either side. Jerome starts unloading the groceries. He remembers seeing Mitch skinnier then he usually is, so he bought a bunch of food and stuff for Mitch to eat. He opens a drawer and his eyes widen seeing dry blood on a medium sized knife. He freezes in place, staring at it. He bites his bottom lip. He grabs the bloodied knife. "N-No." He grips the handle feeling the cold metal press against the palm of his hand. He tosses the knife in the trash instantly and then shakes his head trying to forget he saw that. But he puts his hands on the counter leaning in against them and takes a shaky breathe in. 'I'm in over my head, but I can't abandon him like this. I would feel so horrible if I did.' Jerome thought.

"Jerome?" A weak voice asks. Jerome looks over at Mitch who is standing a few feet away with a blanket wrapped around him and over his head a little. Jerome smiles at him.

"Hey sleepyhead." Jerome said. Mitch looks at the groceries.

"W-What are those for?" Mitch asks. Jerome turns around and leans against the counter. He chuckles a little and then motions to the fridge.

"Well you don't exactly have any food in this house so I went and bought some. I got some stuff that I can easily make for the both of us." Jerome said. He looks at Mitch noticing he isn't listening. He touches Mitch's right arm with his hand."You okay?" Mitch flinches at his touch and takes a step away from him. Mitch nods and responds with a tired and thin voice.

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine. I'm just...I'm just gonna go lay down in my room for a while." Mitch said turning from Jerome and walking away.

"Oh. Okay! I'll wake you up when I have dinner ready." Jerome said with a smile on his face. Mitch doesn't respond but disappears into the hallway. Jerome loses his smile and looks down at the kitchen tile. "What can I do to bring that smile back on your face, Benja?" Jerome looks at the groceries about at the same time his phone rings. He pulls it out of his pocket and sees Vikk is texting him. He unlocks his phone.

V: Hey Jerome! Wanna record with Preston and I?

J: I'm sort of away from my computer right now.

V: Define sort of for me.

J: I'm at Mitch's.

V: You flew all the way to Canada without me?!

Jerome cracks a small smile.

J: Mitch is in rough shape right now. He needs a friend.

V: Or maybe something more ;)

Blush crept up Jerome's neck and he rolls his eyes.

J: I'm serious this time Vikk. He's really depressed.

V: According to what Jessica said happened it wasn't such a big deal.

J: Yeah well according to Mitch, Jessica is a liar! She was using him for his youtube money!

V: Mitch said that?

Jerome grips his phone a little, hearing the plastic creak a little in his grip. He remembers that conversation very clearly cause he was mad. Mitch didn't say she was using him for his money directly, but Jerome was able to figure that out in an instant he said that Jessica used him for two years.

J: He didn't have to.

V: I'm gonna smack that b*tch.

J: Get in line Vikk I want to hit her too.

V: Wait but there have been videos on your channels posting.

J: Pre-recording. I recorded all of those so I could come here for a few days to take care of Mitch.

V: Yeah, I'm sure you'll take very good care of him now that's he's single.

Jerome's eyes widen and the phone would have fell from his hands if he didn't already have a tight grip on it. But before Jerome could even respond, Vikk does.

V: I'm only kidding. Well if you need any backup! The Pack will come to Canada straight away! Even Lachlan the Australian bastard.

Jerome smiles and chuckles a little.

J: I'll keep that in mind.

Jerome puts his phone down and finishes unloading the groceries.