Chapter Three: Bruises

As the days went on, things got better. Mitch got a haircut and look relatively like himself again, expect for the constant new tear tracks, red and puffy eyes, and all sense of happiness gone from his eyes. But Jerome needed to record video since he ran out of pre-recordings. He wanted to record with Mitch, but Mitch felt like he turn his back on his fans and wouldn't record no matter what Jerome said. So when Jerome was recording, he was using Mitch's setup, Mitch would go upstairs and lay on the couch listening to Jerome through the walls.

Mitch opens his eyes staring at the black TV screen. He is laying on the couch in his checkered sweatshirt and sweatpants. He puts his back to the TV and pulls his hood up to cover his face when the doorbell went off making Mitch jump. He stays still for a few seconds and then pulls himself off the couch and to the front door. But when he opens it cheerful and happy eyes meet his. Along with a smiling faces and fidgeting hands.

"J-Jessica." Mitch said. Jessica smiles at Mitch.

"Hey Mitchy. You haven't been answering my calls." Jessica said. Mitch look away from Jessica. Jessica leans in towards Mitch a look trying to get a good look at his face but his hood darkens his eyes. She puts her hands behind her back. "So...can I come in?" Mitch stares at her not moving for a few second. But he drops his hand from the door letting her in. Mitch shuts the door and looks at Jessica. "I heard that Jerome is staying with you." Mitch nods. "Is he my replacement?"

"W-What?" Mitch asks. Jessica crosses her arms at Mitch.

"Why is he here? I wanted to talk to you." Jessica said. Jessica hooks her finger on the hem of Mitch's sweatshirt and lets her finger tracing up his side. "Alone." Mitch pushes her hand away. She chuckles. "You're lucky you're hot and rich Mitch."

"We broke up." Mitch said.

"No we didn't." Jessica said.

"Yes we did." Mitch said. Jessica puts her hands on her hips.

"No we didn't." Jessica said. Mitch hesitates.

"Y-Yes we d-did." Mitch said.

"I don't remember that part Mitch." Jessica said. Mitch looks away from her. "Can I borrow your wallet?" Mitch doesn't respond and Jessica clenches her fists making her nail dig into the palms of her hand. "Mitch what did I just ask you?" Mitch still doesn't respond.

'Jerome...help me. Please...' Mitch thought. Jessica then suddenly backhands Mitch so hard that it leaves a mark and Mitch stumbles to the right and grabs a chair for balance.

"What did I ask you?" Jessica asks. Mitch grips the chair a little feeling tears form in his eyes.

'Jerome...' Mitch thought. Jessica sighs annoyed.

"Do I need to hit you again to get what I want Mitch?" Jessica asks. Mitch doesn't respond and this time Jessica grabs a broom that is in the corner of the room. Mitch didn't notice she grabbed it till she hit him with it. Mitch collapses to the fall. "Useless, pathetic, waste of everyone's time!" Jessica hits Mitch in the back with it and Mitch cries out in pain.

"K-Kitchen, it's in the kitchen!" Mitch said shaky. Jessica smiles and sets the broom down.

'I tried...I tried to remind strong against her, but I love her too much to disappoint her.' Mitch thought.

"Now was that so hard?" She asks. He hears Jessica walk away and during that time he stays completely still afraid to even move. When Jessica comes back she is counting money. "I want Jerome out of here Mitch. Kick him out or I will be very mad at you and have to punish you again." Jessica then leaves and Jerome comes running out of the room and looks over at Mitch who is on the floor side.

"Mitch! What happened?!" Jerome asks running down next to Mitch. Mitch curls up into a ball crying. "Mitch....Mitch!" Mitch doesn't respond, so Jerome picks him up in his arms. Mitch winces in pain as Jerome walks to the living room. Jerome knows that Mitch won't talk until he is calmed down. But when Jerome tries to lay Mich down on the couch, he grabs ahold of Jerome's arm.

"D-Don't go! Please. Don't leave me." Mitch said crying. Jerome smiles a little.

"I would never do that to you Benja." He said. Jerome scoops Mitch up and sits on the couch and puts Mitch in his lap. Mitch cries into Jerome's shirt as Jerome snakes his arms around Mitch. That's when his eyes catch a new bruise on Mitch's back. Jerome lifts up the back of Mitch's sweatshirt and his eyes widen seeing a big new bruise on his back. When Jerome's fingers touch Mitch's back, Mitch whimpers in pain and Jerome takes his hand away. Jerome holds Mitch close to him and balls up his fists.

'Jessica.' He thought.