Chapter Eighteen: Night Storm

Preston yelped when he felt a pair of arms snake around his waist suddenly. Rob puts his chin on Preston's shoulder and smiles.

"That was cute." He said. Preston looks nervously at Rob, smelling the alcohol coming off his breath. Preston tries to pull out of his arms.

"Rob, maybe tomorrow when you aren't drunk." Preston said. Preston looks over at Vikk for help. They all just got back from going out for a few hours, they went for dinner and a few bars as well. But now it's almost midnight. Rob sighs and than picks up Preston and puts him over his shoulder. Preston grabs onto Rob's shirt. "P-Put me down." Vikk smiles a little.

"Have fun, Preston." Vikk teased. Rob turns around giving Preston the chance to give Vikk a death glare as Rob walks up the steps.

"Good night guys." Rob said.

"Night." Vikk and Jerome said. Rob walks pass Lachlan's room. Preston pats Rob's back.

"W-Wait, stop. Lachlan." Preston whispered. Rob stops moving while Preston listens 'No crying. That's good.' Preston thought. Rob than continues on till they get into their room. "Rob, put me down." Rob shuts the door behind him, Preston's head hits the door when Rob turns. "Ouch!" Rob giggles making Preston laugh. "What the hell, man?" Rob puts Preston down on the bed. Preston crawls backwards. "R-Rob, we talked about this--"

"I know. I know. Come on Preston, I'm not that drunk." Rob said folding his arms at Preston. Preston relaxes as Rob turns on a lamp and he sits on the bed. "B-But we really haven't done anything in a long time. So just a little making out?" Preston nods.

"Yeah. I-I guess that's okay. Although, I can't tell if that's the sober Rob talking or the drunk one." Preston said. Rob pulls Preston over to him and kisses him which Preston returns instantly. Rob glides his hand onto Preston's neck as pushes him down onto his back as Rob towered over him. Then thunder crackles outside making Preston jump and tremble slightly, breaking the kiss. Rob looks over at the window.

"Looks like a storm is coming." Rob said. Preston looks over at the window, hearing the rain starting to beat down on the roof. He yelps when lightning hits and than pulls a pillow on his face. Rob sighs. "Preston."

"You know I'm afraid of thunderstorms." Preston said. Rob removes the pillow and smiles at him.

"I'm right here, okay? There's nothing to be scared of. Look if you are scared, than let me distract you." Rob said as Preston stares into Rob's eyes. Rob smiles and than leans down, kissing his cheek. Preston relaxes when Rob kisses his throat a few times as his hands goes underneath his shirt and touches his sides, than Preston covers up his face with his hands in fear when lightning hits again making the room flash. He shakes his head, trembling slightly. Rob pulls back. Preston pushes against Rob's chest.

"No. No. I can't do this right now, Rob. I can't. I'm sorry." Preston said. Rob turns off the lamp and pulls the blankets back.

"It's okay. Come here." Rob said laying down next to Preston. Preston snuggles into Rob's side, wrapping his arms around his waist and burying his head in the crook of Rob's neck. Rob pulls the blankets over them and puts his arms around Preston. Preston flinches when lightning hits again and presses against Rob. Rob rubs Preston's back. "It's just a storm, go to sleep." Preston clings onto Rob tight feeling his eyes water as the pounding rain becomes louder.

"R-Rob." Preston said with a shaky voice. Rob kisses Preston's head and holds Preston tight.

"It's okay; I gotcha. I won't let anything hurt you." He said. Instead of sleeping, Rob stays up to make sure Preston falls asleep okay and when he does the storm outside is lifting up. Rob kisses Preston's head and rubs Preston's arm slowly. Rob closes his eyes and rests his head against Preston's waiting for himself to fall asleep.

When morning came, Preston woke up hearing Rob's heartbeat in his head making him smile only to lose his smile. He carefully gets out of Rob's arms and leaves the room almost colliding with Jerome. Preston rubs his tired eyes.

"H-Hey." Preston said. Jerome takes a step back and Preston sees tears on his face. "Jerome--"

"Just...Just leave me alone." Jerome said walking pass Preston. Preston goes downstairs and stops dead in his tracks when he sees Jessica leaving through the front door. Preston look back up the stairs and than at the front door. 'Jerome.' He thought before he goes back upstairs.