Chapter Ten: He has Been Hurt Enough

Sorry for it being short! And sorry for the long wait for an update, I actually ran out of ideas, but here is a new chapter! I promise chapter 11 with be longer then this.

Mitch opens his eyes finding himself laying in bed. He shivers a little and wraps his blankets around him.  He squeezes his eyes shut, letting last night events play through his head.

'T-That was a mistake.' Mitch thought. Mitch gets out of bed and grabs his sweatshirt. He walks up the steps slipping on his sweatshirt as he walks into the kitchen. He sees Jerome sitting at the table on his phone. Mitch stares at him. Then Jerome notices him. He looks at Mitch.

"Hey." He said. Mitch looks away. Jerome picks up his bowel and walks into the kitchen and sits it in the sink. "Can we talk about last night?" Mitch puts his hand on his arm, saying nothing. Jerome looks at Mitch. Mitch is staring at the floor. Jerome puts his phone on his pocket. "Benja, I think you should go see a therapist like the police recommend." Mitch flinches slightly and looks at Jerome.

"Why?" He asks. Jerome walks over to him and put his hand on Mitch's arm.

"Because you need help. I'll come with you, okay? I won't let you do this alone." Jerome said. Mitch puts his face in Jerome's chest and Jerome snakes his arms around Mitch. "Can you just promise me, you'll try? And if you don't like it then we won't do it." Mitch nods. Jerome smiles. "Good, go get dressed because you have a appointment with them today." Mitch takes a step back staring at Jerome. Jerome crosses his arms. "Yeah you were gonna go whether you liked it or not. Go get ready." Mitch turns away from Jerome and leaves. Jerome sits back down and pulls out his phone seeing Lachlan texted him.

Lachlan: Did it work? Did you get him to go?

Jerome smiles.

Jerome: Yeah. He's going. But afterwards, I'm dragging him across that border and back to Florida.

Lachlan: You need backup yet?

Jerome: Yeah, I think I do. But I think I can handle this from here.

Lachlan: What if she comes back and hurts him again?

Jeorme grips his phone a little hearing the plastic creak. 

Jerome: She won't! She isn't hurting him ever again.

Lachlan: Okay geez. Calm down, it was just a question.

Jerome looks away from the phone. 

'He has been hurt enough. Now he needs to heal, and I'm not gonna let her come near Mitch again.' Jerome thought. He looks back down at his phone.

Jerome: She'll have to go through me if she wants to hurt him again.