Chapter Twenty- Five: I Promise, Benja

Song: So Far Gone by Thousand Foot Krutch

I think this song fits the end of this chapter very well..

And one more thing, this book is already has somehow 25k reads and almost 2k votes, safe to say I think you guys like this story...good.

Anyway, on with the chapter, you guys will like it, I know you all will. Enjoy!

*Trigger Warning*

Mitch woke up on Jerome's bed. Mitch picks his head up not seeing Jerome anywhere, he crawls out of bed, he wraps a blanket around him, letting it rest over his head and he leaves. He can smell something good too, he goes into the kitchen, seeing Jerome on his phone eating pancakes.

"Jerome." Mitch said. Jerome looks over at Mitch.

"Morning, I hope you don't mind that I moved you onto my bed when I woke up. You just didn't seem comfortable on that couch." Jerome said. Mitch shakes his head.

"No. I-I don't mind." He said. Jerome gets up. "You want me to make you some pancakes? Got some batter left still." Mitch nods.

"Please?"

"Alright, I'll get on that." Jerome said. Jerome pulls out the batter from the fridge, turning back on the oven. Mitch goes beside Jerome, watching and saying nothing. "You want to do anything in particular?" Mitchh shakes his head. "Okay....How about we start with talking?" Mitch smiles a little.

"Sorry, I'm n-not a morning person." Mitch said. Jerome chuckles.

"I can tell." He said.  Mitch watches Jerome pour some batter into a pan. Mitch rests his head between Jerome's shoulder blades making Jerome stop and blush. Mitch notices and walks around the other side of the island and sits in a chair. He fidgets with his blanket, his eyes focusing on his hands. Jerome takes out the sleepy pills from the doctor and puts them in front of Mitch. Mitch looks at them and than at Jerome.

"Do I have to?" Mitch asks. Jerome shakes his head.

"No. No you don't. The doctor said you can stop taking them when you feel better or in this case, when I think you are feeling better." Jerome said. Mitch looks away from Jerome. Jerome takes the bottle, opening it up and taking out a pill. "I know that may seem harsh to you. But can you take it, please? It will make me feel loads better if you did." Mitch takes it and Jerome gives him some water. He felt like he could already feel it working when Jerome finally was done cooking. Jerome chuckled at Mitch.

"Do you need to go back to bed, Mitch?" Jerome asks him. Mitch shook his head.

"No. No, I'm fine." He said before he yawned. Mitch ate his food and went to the living room and laid down on the L shaped couch. Jerome sat down too, playing a video game that woke Mitch up. Mitch sat up halfway, rubbing his eyes a little. He crawl over beside Jerome.

"And good morning sleeping beauty. I should keep track of how many times you will pass out on me." Jerome said. Mitch smiles a little in respond and look at TV, but his mind is elsewhere. He yawns again. "Lay down before you fall over, Mitch." Jerome tears his eyes away from his game and looks at Mitch, who already looks half asleep. Jerome grabs a pillow, putting it in his lap. He pats on it. "Come on, lay down."