Prologue

Like many times before, the dark-haired girl studied her reflection in the mirror. She didn't  think she seemed any taller, but the lines in her face surely had matured, becoming more defined over the years. Which was good, since she didn't want to start her senior year looking like a baby.

Miami High was probably like any other school with the same mix of variably supporting teachers, the same cliques and groups of people that Lauren couldn't stand. Mostly because Lauren didn't go to school to have fun. But who is she kidding, nobody does.

Lauren had always had a group of supportive friends, which ultimately consisted of Lucy Vives, Veronica Iglesias and Alexa Ferrer. Together they formed a group infamously known as the Populars. As much as Lauren hated the name, but she couldn't deny that it brought with it... certain benefits. It gave her a rare freedom to be who she wanted to be and a security that no one would dare to question her behavior or decisions, at least not in school.

Lauren didn't have it all, but she had enough to be envied by the majority of the student body. One of the factors was Luis Santos, but the biggest and maybe most important one was her involvement with the soccer team. Granted with the captain's bandage as when she started her sophomore year certainly gave her status a boost.

At this point, it seemed as if everything was planned out perfectly. Get the grades, get the scholarship and succeed on the field. Still, she felt numb to the point that nothing seemed to matter.

-

Camila sighed deeply as she entered the school building. She already dreaded every future second she had to spend within the walls. It was bad enough that there was nothing at school she was excited about, but she had to watch Ally and her other friends being picked on by people who had nothing better to do.

The worst and maybe saddest part of it all was that they had all been used to the constant bullying. The worst were the Populars and their eager friends with their incessant desire to put anyone down. Of course they weren't always terrible, but it was a scary fact in itself that they could be, and nobody would care.