Chapter 3

Camila's POV

The rest of my day went surprisingly quiet, not one interference with the Populars I was acutely relieved. Finishing the last class I had with Normani, we walked down the hall together, chatting animatedly when a familiar sob coming from our lockers sounded. 

I exchanged one look with Normani and the way her eyebrows raised questioningly showed that our minds were probably thinking the same. We sprinted towards the sound and what we saw shocked the hell out of me, causing me to freeze in my tracks.

There Lauren was, Ally's bag turned upside down in her hand while all the books tumbled out. Even if I couldn't hear the ongoing conversation, I had some idea as Ally's face was drained with tears. Alexa, Lucy and Veronica were also standing around, cheering on like it was a boxing match and Lauren had just knocked out the opponent.

More people started to surround them, but Normani and I both forced ourselves forwards and through the crowd.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I yelled angrily. Never had I felt this much rage flushing through me as I stared at Lauren's eyes. The green was scary intensified, but other than that, they were ice-cold and her body stiffened at the sound of my voice. 

Normani ran over to Ally and enveloped the crying girl in her arms while I bore my gaze into Lauren, blinded by the hate I felt about this action I walked over to her determined. My whole body was shaking from the adrenaline pumping in my veins.

"Are you having fun?" I snapped, my mind to slow to progress the words before they rolled off my tongue. "Does it make you feel good to take your own insecurities out on others?" I growled and I had absolutely no idea where the courage came from, but I soon learned that once started it was very difficult to stop it as I heard myself speak up again. "You are supposed to be this great leader that people admire, but you are anything but." I spat and then it was too late to stay invisible.

Lauren was gaping at me, much like everyone else and I was panting. The adrenaline had worked as a shield against all the looks, but now that I had gotten most of the anger out of my system, I felt them all bore their way into my back.

The worst one coming from the girl in front of me who was angry. Lauren Jauregui was presumably beyond that and I already started dreading what my punishment would be.

I never let go of her gaze in fear that I would lose the upper hand or that my nerves would overwhelm me so I crossed my arms, forcing my beating heart to remain in my chest. There was something in Lauren's eyes though, remorse, guilt? I didn't know and sure as hell did not have time to figure it out as she took one step towards me, followed by one more and then another one until she was standing right in front of me.

People around me started to get louder and some of them were clearly waiting in excitement to see what Lauren would do to me. I however, was not looking forward to whatever the punishment might me. It was too late to back down though, so I waited on the pain this girl were going to inflict on me any second.

Lauren clamped her fists together but I could see an obvious hesitation before she reached for my shirt and pushed me back into the lockers with such force that it made me whimper, her hands still clenching my shirt tightly.

For a brief second I thought she was going to beat me up, even if that only happened in movies I was scared to my bones. Next thing I knew she pulled me up on my toes, leaning in closer to my ear her warm breath met my skin, causing it to tingle reflexively.

As everyone else, I was waiting in horror of what would come out of her mouth. I had learned that even though words were just words, they sure as hell could hurt.

"Do you think you are brave Camila?" Lauren snorted lowly until her expression changed and all of a sudden, she looked confused. Almost like she wasn't sure what to do anymore, which was exactly how I felt after her next words, "well, if you think you got the guts you should meet me here in fifteen minutes." She said before letting go, meeting my eyes fleetingly.

Despite the short meeting, it was just enough time for me to catch a glimpse of them. All the rumors about Lauren hypnotizing people with her eyes weren't so improbable anymore. They were peculiar, different shades with golden specks sparkling in them that made shivers running down my spine.

I forgot about the proximity of our faces until she blushed and I could easily see the effort she used to brush the nerves off of her. Lauren nodded her head in direction of her friends and in the course of one minute, they were all gone.

Breathing in relief my legs were shivering and I barely made it over to Normani and Ally without falling apart. "Are you okay?" I addressed Ally, feeling slightly guilty when it wasn't hard to understand that Lauren had taken her anger at me out on her.

"I-I am fine." Ally sobbed and I gave her a hug, asking Normani if she could bring Ally home and explained that I had to take a test after school. Lucky for me Normani couldn't read me as simply as Ally and Dinah, making it easier to slip a white lie past her.

Waiting nervously by the locker I had all sort of emotions traveling through me. There was no secret that I had taken a certain interest in girls the last years. It was hard keeping such thing a secret, but nothing had ever made me feel like Lauren did. Lauren however was not. I knew that she was dating Luis, not that I ever cared, but it was the sort of information that everyone knew so how could I not.

Why the fuck my mind suddenly hit that track was incomprehensible to me. There was no reason for me to care about what sexuality Lauren was, considering she had just proved herself the bitch people thought she was.

Twenty minutes ticked away and Lauren was nowhere in sight. I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointment, because regardless of what I would say I was curious to know what she wanted with me.

And, partly because for some reason she intrigued me more than I should let her. Something about her was so attractive that I didn't know what to do. But, I wasn't going to wait forever and the second I leaned down to pick up my backpack I caught a glimpse of her.

It was impossible to mistaken her as I could see the curves which were in all the right places. Her face was displaying all the soft emotions, not like earlier and she stared at me from a few meters away. My breath hitched in my throat, she truly was stunning. 

Stunning? My consciousness spoke to me; "there are certain laws against calling your bestfriend's enemy stunning. But if you do, then you are truly fucked."