Chapter 2

Camila's POV
After the incident with Lauren, I ran to my English class and opened the door quietly. I tried to find myself a seat tucked away in the lonely back row. My math teacher, Mr. Daniels, walked over almost instantly.

He wore a worried wrinkle on his forehead,"Is everything alright there, Camila? I don't recall you running late last year. Not once." Mr. Daniels hinted with a suspicious mine.

"No, everything is fine." I lowered my voice and looked down at the desk. I hated when adults pierced their eyes deep into you and all you could do was try not to cry. Worse, Mr. Daniels knew what we had to endure of bullying the last couple of years. Once, he had even caught Veronica Iglesias tripping Ally over in the hallway. The vicious girl was surely spurred on by her laughing little minions, Lauren Jauregui and Lucy Vives.

Lucky for them, Ally had denied that anything bad had occurred. Otherwise, I'm sure they would have been in a lot more trouble. Presumably, we would have suffered their revenge later, but what I wouldn't have sacrificed for them to be held responsible. Just for once.

The rest of the hour passed uneventful. I tried to hold my head hanging low, my eyes on the chalkboard and my voice silent. At the end of class, I was more than restless. I tapped my desk with my pencil until the clock rang, and I could pack my things up hurriedly.

Walking into the cafeteria had never been so nerve-wracking. I sat down at our usual lunch table, almost immediately starting to tampering with the pink bow on my head nervously. I was on constant outlook after one certain brunette. In this very moment, she was probably plotting a hundred ways to make me suffer for the rest of my High School life.

A tap to my shoulder was enough to pull me out of my daze, and my entire body stiffened in consistent to the unannounced interruption. I swung my body frightfully to the side, partly relieved and scared to see Dinah's face merely inches away from mine.

"Chanco!" Dinah greeted loudly, before pulling me into a big hug.

"How ya doing?" I breathed out slowly.

To which Dinah replied, "Very well. Have you seen all the new athletes? They are yummy." She added dreamily.

Hearing how her day had passed calmly, was a bit of relief. I tried to force her a smile, hoping she would buy it. However, I should have known better than trying to trick Dinah as I soon received a punch to my arm.

"Don't even try to lie to me, Camila. Your face is pale as a ghost's. Tell me what's wrong, now." She demanded, and I knew there was no chance she would ever let it go.

"Okay. I will, just...keep it quiet, okay? I am already in so much trouble." I buried my face into my hands, exhaling a stressed breathe. "Earlier, after talking to Ally- I don't know how it even happened. She came out of nowhere and my door hit her straight in the face!" I gulped with my voide dropping low.

"Who did you hit, Mila?" Ally questioned from behind, and I felt this dread taking over my body.

Shit.

I turned around again to see Ally approaching from the other side of the table. Normani was by her side, and they were both carrying worry in their eyes . Ally pressed her books tightly to her chest, her body completely tensed up.

They sat down at her table. I was biting at my lip, debating whether to tell Ally about the scene. I wasn't sure how much Normani knew either, and I wouldn't want to scare her away from our group. Normani had newly moved from Houston. On top of being one of the nicest people I had met, she was absolutely beautiful. With her dark skin, contagious smile and shiny long hair, she looked like a queen.