Chapter 6

Lauren’s POV

Abruptly opening the door to the restroom I rushed to the nearest sink, my heavy breathing filled up the room and my throat was thick with emotions. I stared into the mirror, only to see the reflection of a true wreck. 

My eyes were swollen and I looked like I’d been running a marathon, sweat and redness breaking out in my face I desperately squirted my face with water. Wake up Lauren, come on. Fuck, this has to be a dream! Encircled my head.

I slammed my hands down to the edge on the sink, feeling them thump sorely I cursed my own tears that ran down my cheeks. It had to be years since I’d been crying and it happened now, under all sort of circumstances it had to happen now.

Unexpectedly the door opened and I panicked, hiding my face in my arm as I ran into one of the stalls, slamming the door close behind me.

Holding my breath I didn’t know what I would do if anyone saw me this vulnerable, which was why my shoulders fell down and I relaxed when the familiar voice spoke up from the other side of the door, “Laur, I know it is you. Get out of there now.” 

The voice wasn’t demanding but kind and I stumbled out and ran into her embrace. I sobbed into her shoulder as she patted my head kindly, soothing me. 

“I don’t know what to do. It all happened so quick, one moment I watched her slap her and in the other I…I shouldn't have done it but I couldn’t…I couldn’t just stand there!” I continued to sob. 

“Shh…Laur, baby it’s nothing to worry about. Vero took it too far, it was about time someone put her in place.” Alexa comforted, lifting my chin with her finger and giving me reassuring smile. “I am so sorry Lauren. I’ve been such a terrible friend, I knew something was up with you, but I didn’t force you to tell me.”

I pulled away a bit and furrowed my eyebrows. “What are you talking about?” 

A big grin formed in her face. “Come on Lauren, you have to be blind or an idiot to not see the way you stare at Camila. Even when you think no one notices it, I do. You are my bestfriend and the only thing I have seen you stare that intensely on is your overrated Lana Del Rey signed album.” 

I blushed, my emotions stirring up in me I avoided her scrutinizing gaze. 

“You are blushing! Oh my god how adorable.” Alexa teased and pinched my cheeks until I punched her lightly on her arm, “Stop it…”

Alexa laughed it off, but eventually her face turned serious and I knew her well enough to know that she going to tell me something really important. “Laur, you know I love you, but Vero’s our friend, you can’t launch out at her whenever you want.” She told and I breathed out knowingly. “I don’t know what is going on between Camila and you, but either you break it off or things are going to get rough.”

I was put back by the harsh truth, but Alexa wasn’t joking around anymore. She was deadly serious and I knew that. “Ahrg, why does everything have to be so fucking hard?” I ran my hand through my hair frustrated, biting my lip hard in the process.

“I am sorry, but you know I’m only telling the truth.” Alexa pulled me into one last hug before starting to walk away, turning swiftly in the doorway. “Oh, almost forget…I am with you no matter what.”

I gave her a smile in return, entirely grateful for having Alexa. Arching my head back I groaned, I was definitely not strong enough to handle this right now. Simply the look in Veronica’s eyes earlier confirmed my biggest fear. Luckily she hadn’t fought me on in right there, but we were dangerous close to a fall out that I couldn’t risk.