Chapter 34: Three Words

Camila's POV

"What about Sienna?" She snapped.

This was it. I was going to tell Lauren everything. This could hurt her more or it might give her the closure she needed to forgive me.

I took a deep breath; "She tricked me."

Wow, that was awfully easy. It felt as if a heavy burden was lifted away from my shoulders taking the shame and guilt along with it.

Lauren looked at me, still oblivious to the entire story. She remained confused, but a hint of surprise crossed her face.

I sighed; "It was dark and I thought it was you, but before I could push her off you saw us.."

Her eyes contained a mixture of understanding and realization, but broke our gaze as she followed up with a question.

"That doesn't explain why you left me." She said coldly, her eyes fixating on the lake.

"I did it for you." I explained starting to get annoyed at the fact that she didn't even bother to look at me when talking.

"What do you mean you did it for me?!" She finally faced me, but I could see her eyes getting glossy.

I was speechless. I never thought she was this hurt..

"How was leaving me, assuming that you cheated to my advantage? That I wasn't worth enough for you for even a lousy explanation? Don't you dare say that this was for me Camila!" The tears flowed down her cheeks.

I denied the urge to wipe them off her beautiful face as I felt my own tears forcing themselves out.

"I didn't want you to give up on your dream cause of me! I didn't want to be the reason why!" I almost yelled, not caring about the tears anymore.

Lauren grabbed my hand and hold it while looking me straight into my soul; "Don't lie to me."

"I- I'm not lying.." I stuttered out.

"Camila." She said still not letting go of my gaze.

"I was scared Lauren! I was scared that you would end up hating me because I was an obstacle for you! I was scared that you'd wake up one day and think that you made a mistake for choosing me. That I wasn't good enough." I shut my mouth closed.

I was surprised at my own statements, but all in all it was the obnoxious verity that I had refused to admit, not even to myself.

I broke the eye contact but felt her hands cupping my face and before I could react she smashed our lips together.

I instantly held around her wrists gently feeling the electricity that arose between us, before I could deepen it she broke the kiss leaving me in a daze.

"You're good enough Camz. You're worth more than any dream. Hell you are my dream and my heart has always belonged to you. You have no idea how much I've missed you." She confessed.

I rested my forehead on hers as I whispered out; "I've missed you too."

I could see her leaning in, but put my hand on her chest holding her back a little receiving a confused look.

I breathed out the three words that each time felt like the most efforthless, but significant words ever told from one human to another; "I love you."

"Camila, I love you too. Always have, always will." She said while taking my hands in hers.

She intertwined them as she leant in and kissed me with more passion than I'd ever felt in my entire life.

_______________________

"There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing moment."

_______________________

Come talk to me on: wondermentsoftheworld.tumblr.com