Chapter 32: Losing Her Was Blue

Lauren’s POV

I was home for the first time in three years. I’d only been back for the traditionally celebrations and family reunions other than that I’d stayed away as much as possible.

I always got depressed when I seemed to be near my old town. I just had too many painful memories.

After what had come to my attention, Vercy had moved in together. Their relationship was unstable, but they always seemed to get through fine in the end.

Normani and Dinah on the other hand had a somewhat perfect relationship and had already started a family in form of a beautiful little girl that Ally had told me everything about.

Ally. I can’t believe that years ago I’d caused her so much pain. She now was one of my best friends even if she was still close to my first love.

Talking about Camila, I hated her. The day she walked away was the day she took a piece of my heart with her.

I’d never given the rest of my heart to anyone, in fear of repeating the same mistake like I did when I trusted her.

I’ve never spoken to her since, not that I wanted to. I’ve moved on.

Oh and Alexa, of course she was still my bestfriend. Surprisingly, she has endured with me for the last years. 

Never left my side like so many else. I’d never blamed anyone. We’ve all grown a lot and been caught up in our own busy lives.

Only the past three years I’d gone from a totally unknown teenager who was involved in soccer as a hobby, but now I was a signed pro with direction towards the bigger leagues.

My life was amazing. It was everything I’d ever dreamt for, but I was lonely. So so lonely..

_______________________

Camila’s POV

It’s been three years, three freaking years since I’d walked out on Lauren Jauregui

Somehow I couldn’t forget about her.. Every time her face surfaced on the cover of the local newspapers my heart skipped a beat.

I still trembled at the memory of her soft touch against my bare skin. I was miserable. 

Being without her was like being in the middle of a nightmare, hoping that I would soon wake up and that she would hold around me telling me everything would be fine.

While Lauren had success following her every move I only failed, my grades dropped the instant I returned and I went into my own Jauregui-depression.

Since then I’d worked as a teacher, yey. I knew I was a nerd in High School, but never in my life did I once believe I would turn out as something as boring.

It seemed like everyone had figured out their lives, but I was still standing in the same spot as the day I left her.

I regret it so much and every day I miss her, but days turn into weeks that resolves into months that develop to years.

What happens when you lose the One? Let me explain it quite simply. 

Your heart and emotion goes completely numb and in the end you just stop caring. About yourself, about others. 

Your main priority becomes getting through the day and hoping that the One will return to you even though you know that’s only an imagination of your burning desire.

When reality is that she has forgotten all about you and if you’re lucky enough that she even remembers you, you’ll be the one who broke her heart.