Chapter 24

Lauren's POV

After gathering Dinah and Normani, we were finally able to start on our way home. We left the car at the parking lot near the beach, seeing that it wouldn't be responsible for any of us to get behind a steering wheel right now.

Dinah and Normani were walking in front of us. Their arms linked together while a mixture between cackling and muffled snickers escaped occasionally.

I was supporting Camila in the back, trying to keep her from stumble over her own feet, which turned out to be unexpectedly difficult. Although, I had to admit that she was incredible adorable with her puffed cheeks and dopey smile.

"I'm tired. Are we home soon?" Camila whined, stopping in her tracks with a pout. "I want to go home."

"We're on our way." I answered amused. "If we keep up this pace, we'll be home in like ten minutes." I added, urging her to start walking again as I put my hand on her back.

"It's not fair." Camila claimed with a huff.

"Life's not fair." I mumbled, watching as the sight of our two friends was fading into the darkness brought upon us. "C'mon Camz. We've to catch up with the others." I encouraged, not wanting to lose control over the other two, as they weren't less drunk than the one next to me.

"But, I'm tired. I don't want to keep walking forever." She exaggerated, stretching her arms out in the air. "Carry me."

"I can't carry you." I laughed. "You can barely walk. I don't think challenging your ability to hold onto my back is the smartest right now." I argued.

"Pleasee..." Camila pleaded, batting her eyelashes in what had to be an attempt of seductiveness.

I sighed as I felt myself cave. Normani and Dinah were barely visible now and since they were all going to sleep at my house, I figured it was in everyone's best interests that I got them into the house as quick as possible.

"Jump on." I relented, turning my back to Camila.

"Really?" She questioned excitedly. "You will give me an actual piggyback home?"

"Sure." I smiled at her, my stomach flipping when she jumped up with a cheerful squeal. Shaking my head at the childish tendencies, I picked up the pace to try catch up our friends.

"Hurry up Laur, run!" Camila ordered with a small giggle, her arms hanging around my neck loosely. "I can see Dinah." She pointed out and then I felt the distribution of her weight starting to grow unequal.

"Babe." I tapped her knees. "Don't fall asleep on me."

"I'm awake." Camila muttered unconvincingly. "I'm tired."

I rolled my eyes at the sleepy tone, hurrying up to reach my house before the others, who were now wresting and shoving each other playfully.

"Come on guys, let's get inside." I prompted softly to the girls, emitting a small chuckle as they nearly tripped inside.

"You two can take the couch." I noted and nodded to the sofa I was lucky I'd already made ready for sleeping.

"Where's Camila going to sleep?" Dinah teased with her girlfriend snickering in the background. "Is she staying here with us?"

"I'll take her upstairs." I answered, trying to sound nonchalant but I definitely felt my cheeks firing up at the suggestive glances I received from the two drunk girls.

"There's glass in the cupboard to the left and water in the refrigerator." I informed. "Goodnight." I added as I went up the stairs.

"Niiight." Dinah sang in return. That was the last thing I heard before lots of laughter sounded from downstairs.