Chapter 17

Camila’s POV

Tuesday during lunch I was situated at our usual table in the cafeteria with Dinah and Normani when a pair of warm hands covered my eyes, blocking my sight.

“Take a guess.”

I smiled, breathing contently. “Well it can’t be Ally because she’s somewhere with Troy…” I hummed teasingly. “It may be Normani, but she would have to be super quick to get over to my side so my guess is Dinah.” I stated knowingly.

“Camz, you really suck.” Lauren whined and sat herself beside me on the bench, straddling it with one leg thrown on each side.

I swung my leg over the bench, matching her position and grabbing her by her shoulders lightly. Looking into her green eyes I immediately had to fight a blush. I would never get used to them eyeing me like this, so enchanting and with adoration. “Sorry baby.” I laughed playfully and placed a gentle kiss on her cheek.

“You still suck.” Lauren frowned and I rolled my eyes, planting a soft kiss on her mouth. 

“What about now?” I smirked confidently.

“Nope. You’re still terrible.” She mumbled, causing me to pout as I leaned in again. This time I lingered for a bit longer, not hesitating to trap her bottom lip between mine and suck on it lightly.

I looked over at the two others who were seated at our table. Normani was reading in her book, studying for some test while Dinah was sitting beside her, their hands intertwined subtly as she was visibly eyeing us from the corner of her eye. 

She gave me a quick smile before looking back at Normani again. It was so obvious in the way her smile brightened, she had fallen hard for Normani and I couldn’t be more happy. I knew the feeling so well because when I turned to Lauren, watching as she was bowed over her backpack, rummaging through her back after her lunch I couldn’t fight my own smile taking place.

But who could blame me? Lauren could make anyone smile, the comfortable vibe around her making anyone at ease. We weren’t official yet, but I didn’t really mind our status not being publicly announced. Lauren was constantly displaying her feelings for me, with small gestures like now for an instant, sitting with me in the lunch when she could have chosen to be with her usual clique.

Still she didn’t look bothered that the whole table were literally stabbing her in the back with their glares. As expected, not everyone had been supportive of our relationship. Our parents hadn’t minded much, which helped a great deal, but the worst were still the other students.

It seemed like all the people attending the school had something they wanted to say in regards of us being together. The exceptions were really just Alexa and Lucy. But as usual Lauren handled it her own way and I had learned that sometimes it was better to let her, no matter how much I wanted to interfere.

Veronica however had been strangely distant lately. The gap between her and Lauren had never been greater and I had hardly seen they even speaking. Not that I complained, I still believed that Lauren was better off.

“Camila?” Normani suddenly spoke and woke me from my thoughts, staring at my baffled expression. “Did you even listen to me at all?”

“No.” I answered honestly, her words had gone by me without me taking notice of them.

Lauren chuckled at my side, opening her lunch as I glanced from her to Normani and Dinah, thoroughly confused. “What did I miss?” I asked perplexed.

“For once we were talking about One Direction, where were you?” Normani quirked her brow and I shrugged.

“Here.” I said simply and swung in my seat, leaning my elbows on the hard surface of the table.