Chapter 11

Camila’s POV

Observing as Lauren’s smile dropped and her features freeze I immediately knew I had screwed up, badly. I would have done anything to reverse time and make my words unspoken. 

Her body started to tremble and her eyes swum in anger. The stunning green eyes weren’t longer bright, but dark and impulsively I reached my hand out to touch her arm, in desperate need of some contact. 

Naturally she flinched away and I could feel my heart tear up at the action,

“I’m sorry I just…There’s so many rumors going around, I don’t know what to believe.” I admitted and felt angry with myself for letting it go my head.

Lauren didn’t even look at me anymore, her eyes firmly directed passed me as I knew her mind was somewhere else.

“Lauren…” I called guiltily, “Please look at me.” I pleaded with my voice shaky with emotions, people around were watching but right now I couldn’t care less as I was only focusing on Lauren’s evasive gaze.

Her whole body tensed and when she finally looked at me a part of me wished she hadn’t. There was too much pain behind her eyes and I realized that I had hit a fairly sore point. I had no idea my accusation would elicit these emotions. 

“I can’t believe you think that bad of me.” She barely whispered and my guilt grew as her tone carried such hurt.

“I don’t-” I defend but she quickly interrupts me shortly.

“Clearly you do! Otherwise it wouldn’t have taken you one rumor to jump straight to conclusion. I feel like such an idiot for believing you thought I was different.” Tears were swelling up in her eyes and the sight was truly heart-rending. 

“No Lauren, I do think that…please.” I wanted to discard those thoughts because I did believe that. With my whole self I did, but I had let my own insecurities get in the way and now I was paying the consequences. 

“If you think I am someone capable of doing that, you are not the person I thought you were.” Lauren gritted out and I failed to hold back a sob as it escaped and I watched her rush passed me.

I felt like all air had been punched out of me and I did not have the guts or strength to chase after her. Instead of give Lauren the benefit of the doubt I had literally made myself the crappiest person alive. Touching my cheeks I felt the wetness running down, which seemed to be a habit these last years, but this time I had only myself to thank.

-

Lauren’s POV

Storming away from Camila I could feel the tears threatening to burst but I wouldn’t allow one single to fall. Instead I slipped into my car and placed my hands around the steering wheel tightly, my thoughts traveling relentlessly through my mind.

“Fuck!” I screamed and ended up slamming my fists down at the dashboard. What the fuck had happened? In one minute I was waiting happily on Camila to come out, but then I was hoping she never had.

I wasn’t aware of the tears streaming before several drops hit my lap. A loud knock sounded on my car window and I prepared myself for the possible fight that would come. I quickly shifted in my seat to greet the person as I was more than a little startled to see Ally standing on the other side.

Cautiously I rubbed at my cheeks and rolled down the window, avoiding direct eye-contact as I really didn’t want her to see what a mess I was.

“What you want?” I murmured sharply and I was back to being impolite.