Chapter 31: The Letter

Dear Lauren

Forever wasn’t as long as I thought it would be. I know I hurt you and I will never be able to apologize enough. I never meant for any of this to happened..

First I just want you to know that you changed my life. Not only because you made my last year at Miami High perfect, but also because you opened my eyes for true love.

You showed me how it was to really care for someone, to wake up in the morning longing for the significant other.

You sacrificed so much for me and my friends. I will never be able to repay you for what you did for us. 

Being with you gave my life  purpose, but every fairytale got an ending. Chase your dream Lauren. 

Soccer should be your one priority Lolo. I know it might not make sense right now, but I promise you it will later.

And don’t cry, please.. You’re too beautiful to waste your tears. 

Forever your Camila

_______________________

Lauren’s POV

The letter was empty, feelings less. It was just a piece of paper with no purpose at all. I crumpled it and tossed it away furiously. 

This wasn’t her words, this was something she just wrote out of guilt for breaking me! How could she?

She already left without an explanation after I found HER kissing someone else. I didn’t do anything wrong, but still I was the one who was left behind.

Then my heart dropped and I fell to the ground. Tears spilling out uncontrollably and my body crouched into fetal position as reality hit me.

She left me.

_______________________

Camila’s POV

I still hadn’t been able to stop the tears. I sat at the bus staring motionless out of the window.

Leaving Lauren had been the most devastating and selfless decision I’d ever made, but she was better off without me.

I would only be in the way for her achieving her dream, and if she didn’t mind, I did. I wanted her to be happy.

I dried my wet cheeks with the palm of my hand. The letter. The stupid letter! I regret it so much..

I’d only written it because I wanted to talk to her one last time, letting her read my words..

There was so much I should have said, so much that should have been explained.. Why I left her, that I really love her. 

It was supposed to give her a closure.

But I failed. Instead of being the worthy farewell it should’ve been, it became an insensible and meaningless letter.

I hadn’t been able to do it.. I hadn’t been able to take goodbye with her without pouring my heart out.

And I knew, that if I was going to leave her. I couldn’t tell her I loved her, because then neither of us would be able to move on.

She had to move on. No matter how much I would hate myself for letting her go at least I knew that what we had was nothing less than true love.

_______________________

Note: Short I know, but it was really supposed to just be Camila's letter..