Chapter 33: You Again

Lauren’s POV

Alexa had dragged me to the bar even though I would have preferred to be under the covers in my room in deep sleep until the next season started.

Only reason I’d said yes was because she’d begged me and I didn’t want to seem like a boring and unsociable girl. 

Even though that would be the ideal description of me for the last three years.

Ever since Camila broke my heart I hadn’t had anything else then soccer on my mind. It was first now that I was back the memories of her had reappeared.

We were sitting at the bar and Alexa was going on and on about how there were no interesting people in this club.

I loved that she tried to cheer me up, but I don’t think my mood can be more festive than this.

"Come on Laur, one drink!" Alexa screamed over the music. 

"I’m not allowed by my coach!" I screamed into her ear as she shrugged.

"What he doesn’t know he doesn’t mind?" She tried with a smirk before running out in the middle of the dancefloor doing some crazy moves.

Oh God that’s my bestfriend. I laughed hysterically at her bumping into a random guy who flashed her a grin before they started dancing together.

"Hey beautiful. What can I get you?" The bartender said while cleaning one of the glasses.

"Hey, nothing thanks." I said flatly. I wasn’t really in the flirting mood. 

"Wait a second, I know you! You’re Lauren Jauregui, wow didn’t you get a huge contract this year?" He looked shocked.

I gave a shy smile. I never knew what to say when people recognized me. It wasn’t like I was playing for the fame. 

"Damn girl, this one is on me!" He said before sliding a drink over the counter in my direction.

I lifted it up and put my nose over it. The strong smell immediately made me scrunch my nose and frown.

I hadn’t had a drink in years cause of my training, but maybe today was the day that anything could happen.

I raised the glass in tribute to the bartender as I put it to my lips and felt the familiar liquid burn its’ way down my throat.

I swung around in the barstool and stood up locking eyes with someone who would definitely be categorized as interesting.

Was that drink stronger than I thought or was Camila Cabello standing at the other side of the dance floor with her mouth wide open.

All my emotions came flowing back to me as I saw her face. This is not good. 

_______________________

Camila’s POV

Lauren? Wait was that Lauren?

I pushed people out of my way as I constantly tried to lift my gaze over the crowd that was gathered on the dance floor.

I finally reached the bar, but there was no signs of her. 

I slid down in the bar stool feeling the despair fill every part of my body. It must have been her!

I ordered a drink from the bar, and slowly stirred in it as someone poked my shoulder. Hope rose in me as I turned my head.

"Camila?" Alexa said with a surprised look.

"Hey Alexa." I said forcing a smile trying to hide my disappointment. 

"Um, like do you know Lauren is here?" She said uncertain.

So it was her! 

"Where is she?" I asked while grabbing Alexa’s arm causing her to spill out her drink.

"Woah take it easy there Mila!" She started to dry off the liquid I’d just spilled on her dress.

"I’m sorry, but please tell me." I couldn’t hide how eager I was.

"I don’t know to be honest, she was here like a second ago." Alexa said before receiving a napkin from the bartender who she turned to and started chat with.

I ran out of the club, no clue on where she could be. Come on Camila think. Think! 

Like a bolt of lightning it struck down in me, the forest!

I jumped into my old and frail car as the wheels whined when I drove away.

I tossed my heels to the side as I started running. When I met the bushes that blocked the way I swallowed hard and pulled my arms around my body as I broke through it.

It was dark, but the moon was lightning up the lake stunningly as my eyes wandered to the girl sitting at the edge with her feet in the water.

I walked slowly over and know she must have heard me cause I could see her tense up.

"Can I sit down?" I asked feeling awkward when she didn’t look up at me, but after a few seconds she nodded her head.

Still refusing to look at me I joined her. 

We sat in complete silence so I tried to make small talk; "The water is co-" But she interrupted me before I could finish; "How?"

"How what?" I asked, genuinely confused at her random question.

"How did you know where this was, and how did you know I was here?" She still had her eyes fixated on the lake.

The reflection from the moon shone up from the glistening lake lighting her face up which made her perfect features even more clearer.

"I often came back here after, the incident.." I admitted.

She snorted, but I ignored her and continued; "I remember the day you told me about why you needed this place. And I figured out that you might be here.."

She swallowed on my side, indicating that she also remembered that memory.

I turned my gaze to look over at the lake aiming at nowhere, just tell Lauren.

_______________________

Lauren’s POV

Sitting with Camila on my side was weird, but comfortable. Not being with this girl for the past three years changed nothing between us.

She was right, I was here. Only because I had no clue on where else to go. 

I didn’t know what to tell her, I felt that words were underrated. Most of all I wanted to scream at her for hurting me.

But I couldn’t. Seeing her again had made all the emotions explode inside of me, the memories came streaming back.

The ones where I held her in my arms, kissed her and the ones when she broke my heart. When she walked away without once looking back.

"Lolo?" I winced when I heard my nickname. I still had no idea what she wanted. She was the one who walked out on me.

"I feel alone, my thoughts are all over the place. I feel like nobody wants to listen to me and maybe I deserve it. But the only thing I’m not unsure about is where my heart lies, it belongs to you. Like it always have." She confessed.

I turned my head to the side staring into the beautiful brown orbs that I looked into the first day of senior year, but it was also the eyes that looked into mine the day I walked in on her and Sienna..

The memory made me look away, closing my eyes. In a sudden I wanted to forget her eyes, they were only something that reminded me of the hurt.

"What about Sienna?" I snapped at her, having it with her not explaining to me. Wasn’t I worth at least that to her?

I hadn’t been three years ago, but maybe she would give me the one thing I’d been craving so much.

_______________________