Chapter 27

Camila's POV

Four weeks later, I paraded down the stairs and into the kitchen to make a cup of tea. The whole distance situation with Lauren was calming down, and I was now less worried about it. Missing her was still difficult at times, but I was learning to deal with it.

On the other hand, there was nothing better than when she returned home on the weekends. It genuinely felt like I was learning how to breathe again. I walked out of the kitchen, finding me a seat in the living room and opening Paper Towns.

"Camila..." Sofia called out from the kitchen.

"I'm in here Sof," I answered my sister, watching the little girl enter the living room in a hurry.

"Please play soccer with me?" She asked eagerly, climbing up in the couch next to me with a set of pleading eyes.

"You know I can't play," I hesitated to the request, watching my sister's excited expression fall. "I'm so bad at it."

"Lauren always plays with me." She pouted and the sad facial expression successfully made me feel guilty.

"Alright then, but I can't play very long," I relented and put my book and tea down on the table. "I've to pack and get ready to leave soon."

It had taken us about two weeks to figure out how to spend more time together. I simply had to go with her and stay a few days. My parents had been very skeptically at first, but then I'd managed to get an agreement with the school to be absent for two days so they'd been slowly warming up to the idea. Who said being a nerd wasn't lucrative.

So far, the arrangement had been working perfectly fine. There was only one small catch – Sienna. No matter how angry I was for the way she'd treated Lauren, it was nothing against the jealousy I felt over her living with Lauren.

One of the only things keeping me sane was the undeniable tension between the two of them. Every time I arrived, Sienna stayed clear of my sight and the rare times when she honored us with her company, she was mostly arguing with Lauren.

-

Sienna's POV

Tragically, Camila was arriving, again. For some reason I couldn't explain, my mood was even worse whenever my roommate's girlfriend was around. It was like having her in the same space as me, immediately made the whole situation more insufferable.

Maybe I used to have a crush on Lauren, and maybe after she moved I managed to keep it all under control. Seeing her at that field every year ignited a small spark, but having her presence around me on a daily basis, the feelings were bound to come crawling back. And they did.

It was eight in the morning – Sunday morning. Which meant that very soon, the doorbell would sound and Camila would come parading in and they would go back into their little bubble.

I hated Sundays.

Correctly, by the time I was fully dressed, the clear sound of the doorbell rang. And I could almost immediately hear Camila's voice calling from the hallway.

"Oh, hi." Camila greeted when she came walking into the room, taking notice of me sitting on the bed. "Is Lauren still asleep?"

I huffed and gave her a brief glare, standing up from the bed. "She's right there." I mumbled to the obvious question. I walked to the door and propped my earplugs into my ears. "Tell her I'm heading outside for a run."

I rushed out the door, making sure to shut the door after me so hard that it threatened to break at its hinges. For some reason, one that others might call jealousy or envy, I was enraged. I wanted the time to be turned back. I knew the chance for Lauren and I to push our earlier disputes aside was long overdue. But, I couldn't help but want the chance. If somehow I could turn back time and get that one chance, I wouldn't hesitate to take it.

-

Lauren's POV

Hearing voices mumble in the background, I slowly fluttered my eyes open. Naturally, I searched the bed on the opposite side of the room after my blonde roommate.

"Hi babe."

Suddenly, I wasn't feeling so tired anymore. My eyes grew wide at the familiar voice, and when I whipped my head to the side, I was met with the warm brown eyes I had been dreaming about for the past week.

"Camz!" I exclaimed and climbed out of the bed, crashing into her body to envelope her in a tight hug. "I've missed you." I nuzzled my nose into her soft neck.

"Hi Lo," Camila replied tenderly.

"I didn't know you were arriving this early. In that case, I would have woken up to greet you." I stated and was instantly immersed in brown, warm eyes.

"Nothing to worry about." Camila brushed off, "The door was open, and so I just walked right in."

"I'm surprised Sienna didn't barricade the door. She's been such a pain in the ass lately." I joked and went to the bunch of clothes in the bag to fish out a bra and shirt. "So, what do you want to do today?"

Camila looked thoughtful, giving me a huge smile. "I don't mind as long as I get to hang out with you."

"Since it's my day off, I thought we could go for a walk? I want to take you somewhere." I revealed, noticing the golden specks in her eyes brighten.

She nodded and I walked over to her, placing a sweet kiss on her lips. "I've missed you." I confessed.

"I've missed you too." She smiled.

After getting fully dressed and having breakfast, we walked to my car and drove for about an hour. Not stopping until we could see the clear blue ocean. I stepped out and Camila followed after, looking at me confused.

"Wow. There's a beach in Miami, who knew?" Camila teased sarcastically as she went to my side. I grabbed hold of her hand and intertwined our fingers.

"Funny." I replied and pulled her with me. "I love this beach. It's so peaceful and not a lot of people know about it." I said and pulled her with me down in the warm sand.

"So if this is your new favorite spot, then what about the place back at home?" Camila asked and leaned against my shoulder.

I lifted our interlocked hands to my lips, pressing a tender kiss to her skin. "Do you mean the place hidden in the middle of nowhere?"

She nodded slowly, waiting of me to continue. "I only needed that place because sometimes I felt alone and needed a place where my thoughts could run wild. When I didn't think anybody could listen or even understand me."

"And now? What's so special about this place?" Camila wondered kindly, smiling at me with such sincerity that my stomach started fluttering.

"I like the beach because it reminds me of you. It reminds me that you love the beach and the blue ocean. For the other part, I don't need a special place for all that anymore. I have you."

"I love you." Camila grinned and leaned in, capturing my lips with hers.

-