Chapter 8

Lauren’s POV

Camila’s face automatically changed and the nervousness spread through me as I stared at her. All the people around excused themselves cautiously until it was only us two left. She opened her mouth, staring at me with a small smile.

Standing there in silence with her chocolate eyes she grabbed my wrist and pulled me inside one of the classrooms. 

“Lauren. What are you doing?” She asked and I was baffled over how annoyed she sounded.

“Um…I needed to speak to you.”

Camila crossed her arms, giving me a small smile. “Well, you can’t do that in the hall with everyone around. Ally might be around to see and then I will be even more screwed than I already am.”

I smirked, puzzled over how much that girl could speak on what seemed to be one single breath, “I don’t think Ally will mind.” I told her seriously, purposely holding back some of the information as she tilted her head.

“What? Oh my god…what did you do?” 

“Nothing, we talked and that was it.” I explained, shrugging my shoulders because Camila didn’t have to know that we talked about her.

“Okay.” She noted and I could see the curiosity eating her up but she didn’t ask anymore.

“Don’t worry, I’ll tell you about it later.” I brushed it off before moving my hands behind my back and locking them together. “I think we should talk…about that kiss.” I said and at the mentioning she immediately blushed.

She shook her head and bit her lip nervously. “It’s ok, Lauren. We can forget it ever happened.” She rushed out and I grabbed her hand and leaned my back against the desk. 

“I just…I think we should do this the right way. Maybe get to know each other better before we decide on anything?” I suggested and she nodded understandingly. A smile appeared and I was aware that I didn’t know this girl at all, but part of me wanted to kiss her anyway.

It was definitely confirmed when Camila leaned forward and rested her arms on my shoulders, locking her hands around my neck. Perhaps we didn’t know each other well enough, but still we had something of an attraction and that was good enough for me to lean in, capturing her soft lips in mine.

I moved my lips slowly, remembering that this was only the second time kissing someone I wanted to give her the full experience of how a kiss was supposed to be, not like the first one. I lifted my hand up and caressed her cheek, letting my finger graze the warm skin beneath my fingertips.

Her lips were a lot more eager this time, moving fervently against mine and before I can slow it down she took advantage of my hesitation and slid her tongue carefully between my parted lips. And when it brushed mine I couldn’t help but let out a soft, almost inaudible moan. 

My stomach did several flips and her soft lips put in the state of no return as I lifted her up and le her down on one desk carefully, placing myself between her thighs. If Ally hadn’t told me herself I would have never guessed that Camila was inexperiences as she skillfully trapped my lower lip between her lips.

Eventually my lungs started to feel like they were on fire and we broke the kiss, both panting for air while I let my hand slide down and settle on her side. Camila’s face was pretty flushed but I couldn’t tell if it was from the heated make out season or the fact that she was embarrassed, I simply knew that mine was from a mixture.

“Wow…” Came from the door and both of our heads shot in the direction, my eyes landing on Dinah who had her hands half-covering her eyes while a grin was possible to detect. “I hate to disturb, but I thought we were leaving.”