Chapter 16

Camila’s POV

After Lauren drove me home I immediately changed into my pajamas. It was more comfortable to be dressed like this and before the recent occurrences we’d used to do it all the time. Lately our nights together had been less and I felt partly guilty for that. 

Anyway, tonight I planned on making up for the lost nights. I had prepared our living room, kicked out my parents and bought all sort of junk-food. It was all ready for the girls to come, pizza on the table and a stack of movies were already stabled in front of the TV.

Few minutes later the doorbell rang and I ran down, opening up the door to see Ally standing in the middle with a wide smile and her arms open, dressed in a orange one-piece.

Behind her were Normani and Dinah, arguing as usual, “I think we made it pretty clear that you were supposed to bring the chips.” Normani groaned with an edge to her voice, locking her gaze at Dinah with vexation painted on her face-

“No we didn’t.” Dinah replied, lifting her hand up and showing off the small stereo she’d taken with her. “I brought this. What were you thinking to bring, yourself?” She chuckled sarcastically, which only fueled Normani’s anger.

Ally and I shared a meaningful glance that went by the bickering girls unnoticed. We started laughing and the two of them stopped, turning to us and cracking up when they realized we were laughing at them and how ridiculous their little fight was.

“What do you think you’re laughing at Mila?” Dinah asked amused, “It’s your fault that Normani has forgotten what to bring to our girls nights.” She commented teasingly.

“Oh, shut up.” I retorted playfully, throwing my arms around the youngest of our friends. Dinah started laughing into my embrace and soon we were all hugging.

“We have missed you too.” Normani shot in when we all pulled away. The three girls walked past me into the living room, Dinah being the first one to pick up a slice. 

“I am so hungry that I think I can eat the whole pizza for my own.” Dinah clucked, taking a seat next to Ally on the couch. 

“We know.” Normani muttered teasingly, giving Dinah a playful nudge as she took the seat on her side.

“Save some for me, remember, it’s my pizza.” I joked as we decided on the movie. The hunger games had just gotten out on DVD and we were all excited. Half through the movie I glanced discreetly over at the group of friends, all intensely watching the movie. A smile appeared on my face, had really missed this.

Of course I loved hanging out with Lauren, but there was something about being with your close friends that just brought out such joy. I hadn’t spoken to them for ages, God knows what’s been going in their lives? 

I’d been so busy trying to get things to work with Lauren that I had completely forgotten to keep up with their lives. Purposely I grabbed the remote and turned off the TV, receiving wild protests from the three girls.

“What are you doing Mila?” Ally squealed. “Peeta was about to kiss Katniss, it is such a perfect scene.” She pouted and I couldn’t help but smile. Ally was like a little munchkin. Whenever she pouted or did anything remotely adorable you just had to smile.

“I agree with Ally, that’s one of the highlights.” Dinah backed her up, glancing quickly over at Normani who was blushing furiously.

I furrowed my brows, looking at Ally to see if she’d caught onto that but if she had she didn’t give any signs of it as she still looked petulant about the movie coming short. Regardless I sat down on the floor crossing my legs, “Come sit here.” I said and patted the floor, the three of them eyeing me skeptically.