Chapter 5

Lauren’s POV

A week passed since I last spoke to Camila in the hallway and to say that I hadn’t thought about the girl would be a blatant lie. More often than not I found my mind completely immersed with thoughts about the brunette and it was driving me insane.

I thought she was still mad at me for what I had told her, correction, I knew she was still mad, and she had every reason to be after the way I treated her. There was nothing I wanted more than to simply talk to her again, which was weird because I had only spoken to her once and it didn’t end well at all. 

Only thing stopping me from grabbing her whenever I passed her in the hallway was the Populars and her group of friends. Wherever I seemed to encounter the girl one of us was usually occupied with a friend or two, which didn’t make it any better because regardless of what Camila claimed she clearly didn’t want any of them to know that we had spoken.

I wasn’t that girl Camila wanted me to be, but she was right, I was simply trying to survive High School in my own way, like everybody else, but along the way I had made some horrible choices and never really suffered the consequences, until now.

Not being able to contact Camila was punishment enough and I let out a sigh of despair, shutting my locker firmly I picked up my soccer shoes.  

I glanced up just in time to watch her walking towards me. My heart skipped a beat before her gaze locked with mine and  I gave her a probing smile. As expected she didn’t return it and surely broke the gaze, carrying on with the conversation she was having Ally.

I kept stealing glances of her as the whole way until she passed me and was too far away for me to see her face. Fuck Lauren, I muttered to myself, Why did you have to screw up so badly?

They stopped by their lockers a few meters away and I couldn’t help my attention that seemed to constantly focus on Camila’s figure. Which was why a breath hitched in my throat as I met Ally’s gaze. Effectively I looked passed her to the chalkboard hanging on the wall. 

Hopefully Ally hadn’t caught me staring too much. I could only imagine the trouble Camila would have to endure if Ally ended up with any suspicions.

Ally hated me. It was obvious in her eyes when she looked at me, and truthfully I didn’t blame her.

The Populars, led by me had been after her ever since the whole Carlos-incident and we basically did anything in our power to we ruin her life. All from tripping her in the hallway or embarrassing her publicly.

Camila probably hadn’t told her about our talk, which I completely understand. It was just easier to forget that we spoke because then maybe I could trick my mind to believe that it never happened.

I nearly jumped when I felt someone’s arm around my shoulders. Swinging around to the person he planted a sweet peck on my lips and startled by the gesture I took a step back.

“Babe, what is wrong?” He asked worriedly,  

“Sorry Luis. You just scared me..” I forced a smile, locking my arms around my boyfriend’s neck.

“Want some company on the way to practice?” He offered kindly and I nodded, grabbing his hand in mind, guilty disappointed of the lack of spark I walked with him to the field.

-

Ally’s POV

As if tolerating Lauren Jauregui’s horrible glares when we were in the canteen or crossing path with her wasn’t enough we also had to withstand the intense stare when we stood by our lookers. Good Lord, doesn’t she have anything better to do? I thought, there was no secret that I hated Lauren with a strong passion.