Daveed Diggs x fem!reader

(my friend told me to write this)
warnings: anxiety, cussing, poorly written.
ask: "you should totally do an anxious x reader thingy, ooo make Daveed a part of it as well"
~~
(the dots will be your trigger warning it will look like this •)
your wish is my command!
~~
"hi your name?" asked a man in a grey jacket with slick long black hair, and a goatee that compliments his facial structure quite nicely.
"y/n" you seemed to choke out. your anxiety was very noticeable at this point but you just wanted to try out and get it over with.
"well y/n no need to be nervous but would you sing something for us?" he said. he seemed hopeless, but you could tell he really needed an understudy. you decided to sing flashlight by Jessie J because that song calmed your nerves. as you sang you closed your eyes. a stupid bet did this to me. and a stupid bet that I will win. you sang with all of your energy. making sure to sing every last drop of anxiety out of you.
you finished and he just stared.
"you know it's not nice to stare at someone some say it's impolite. but I would recommend taking a picture it lasts longer." you said with a newly gained confidence. probably just lost my audition but whatever.
"meet us back here Tuesday you're hired." he said with his head down.
"oh... um.... t-thank you-u." you stuttered out. I got the job. what???
"by the way, I hope you like main stage because you just got the part of Eliza Schulyer full time." he said with a smirk. HOLY FUCKING HELL I DID WHAT???? OH MY JESUS OH GOD HELP ME PLEASE I CAN'T GO ON EVERY NIGHT AHHHH
that was about 2 months ago and now you've befriended many. Lin was the guy's name. from your audition.
"h-hey Li-Lin," you began "I-i need your hel-help." you said on the verge of tears. that Tuesday when you started you explained your situation. fresh outta college, art freak, oh and your crippling anxiety and ptsd disorder. (I have both so I wanted to share experiences:))))) )
he knew what was happening your weekly anxiety attack. and right on schedule. he brought your Favorite tea and peppermint. (sorry if you're allergic but they help me soooo...) Lin knew almost everything about you. he's become a really big help and best friend. but that he who came to your room wasn't Lin, it was Daveed. your close second best friend. he knew about your anxiety but he's never seen one of your attacks.
y/n looked up, when she saw it wasn't Lin she ran into her closet.
"Y/n Lin told me to drop this stuff off are you okay?" he said in a casual tone. y/n didn't know how to respond.
"y-y-y-yesss." she hissed out trying to hide her shook voice through the stuttering. she didn't know what to do. she could hear Daveed's light laugh.
"why are you hiding in your closet?" he asked with a chuckle. not knowing how serious the situation was yet.
•••••••••••••••••••
she couldn't keep up her strong act any longer. she just leg go. all her sobs ring louder by the second. once Daveed realized what was happening he swiftly walked to the closet ripping it open and pulled y/n close to his chest.
y/n didn't deny his comfort, she kept crying and crying until her tears slowly disappeared due to lack of water left to cry out. he kept holding her shaking frame, trying to help her. he whispered sweet words into her ears. then out of nowhere Lin bursts into the room looking sad that he hadn't made it in time. but happy that someone was with her. Lin walked over to the shaking girl and hugged them both. soon when the thoughts slowly left the girls head she stopped shaking her energy draining to a point of exhaustion.
"y/n," Daveed began but slowly stopped when Lin motioned to the floor. he knew what was about to happen. she was about to pass out from the lack of energy left. and THUMP
they both fell to the floor. y/n on top of Daveed slightly shaking from the sudden movement. but her stunningly big e/c eyes closed. her face expressionless. Daveed winced in pain as soon as he hit the ground but he moved her curly h/c hair out of her face.
Lin picked y/n up bridal style and laid her down gently on the couch Daveed barely missed landing on. Daveed got up slowly looking at Lin with worried eyes as he stole glances at the sleeping girl.
"Lin what just happened." Daveed said in a hushed voice. Lin had a sympathetic look on his face.
"Diggs, y/n has a lot of issues. one of which I trust she told you." Daveed thought for a minute.
"what does her anxiety have to do with this?" he asked in a stern but questioning whisper.
"Diggs you have just experienced one of y/N'S not very well known anxiety attacks." the short man said looking back at the girl. Daveed just stood there shocked. he knew about her anxiety hell he helped her stop shaking once simply by talking to her.
"oh... will she be alright?" he asked even more worried than before.
"yes, she just needs to rest and have eye drops because her eyes will be dried out." Lin implied. "Daveed I can take it from here if you'd like. i'm typically the one to care for her during these sort of events." Lin explained in a quieter tone. a couple minutes passed and both men were standing there towering over a sleeping girl.
"I'll stay, I think i'm gonna drive her back to my place since i'm leaving early anyways." Daveed finally spoke. Lin simply nodded and took the tea chugging it then throwing away the disposable cup.
*time skip cause i'm a lazy jack ass*
Daveed pulled open the door to his apartment , lightly putting y/n on the couch.
"d-Daveed," the girl began. "can you hold my hand." the girl said opening her red but beautiful eyes. he lightly chuckled after closing and locking the door to his apartment. he walked over to the couch and lied with the girl. after moments of comfortable silence the man spoke.
"y/n if you don't mind me asking, why did you hide your anxiety attacks from me." he hesitated but looked at the girl. her glassy eyes looked down at their intertwined hands.
"because i'm weak... and because I don't want you to see me suffer.." she said slowly and softly almost quieter than a mouse. 'and because I love you' she thought. her crush on her coworker was pretty evident. she blushed every time they talked. when he would smile at her she would giggle and smile back. she shifted her weight from his lap to the couch cushion.
"you know I would never think of you as weak. you're-" he hesitated to say the next part but did "you're almost like a companion in a way." he said with a smile.
y/N'S face turned a really bright red. she wanted to say one thing.
"y-you really mean that?" she said a little too happy. "Daveed I have to say something, and you can hate me after but I need to say it." she started to get nervous. Daveed knew what she was gonna say 'I love you' he knew about her little crush. so Daveed kissed her before she could say anything. y/n was not expecting that.
"I was gonna say you wanna play Mario cart but that works too." she said red and breathless. Daveed just looked at her. as her mouth faded from a smile to a smirk.
"well I mean I thought you were gonna say I lo-" he was cut off by her lips smacked on his but was he complaining... no.

( hahahahahahhahahahahahahaahahhaahahhaahahahahahhaahhaahahahhaah woooow sneesus. you've really done it this time. I hope you guys enjoyed it. I really like writing stuff like this I find it cute and adorable! if recommend me stuff and I'll write it thanks! )