Laurens x reader

John Laurens x reader

prompt: taking pictures of each other

request: "could you either do sneaking cute pictures or pool party with john x reader?"

requested by: @hamiltontrash72870

this is a lil different, I hope you like it!!!
enjoy!
~~~

  "mommy what are these?" my son Bennet asked me handing a beat up shoe box. I was in the middle of laundry, so I had to put down the nicely folded 6 year old's shirt. I opened the box and looked at the photos. I couldn't help but smile remembering college. they were old polaroids of John and I from college. I took out my favorite one and kneeled down to my son's height. 
   "you see him Ben?" I asked pointing to John. he nodded and I smiled looking back at the photo. "that's your daddy." I looked up at him again. he smiled widely and took the photo gently. "daddy" he repeated.

*flashback*

   it was Christmas morning and everyone was excited off their asses. it was our first Christmas as a senior in college. everyone was in my living room exchanging gifts and talking and I was just sitting on the kitchen counter drinking my coffee.
   "y/n come in here! I have to give you your gift!" an excited John Laurens said. I knew what he was about to do. you see since the beginning of college Laurens and I had started a photo war. we would catch each other off guard and take a random picture. and for Christmas both John and I were gifted brand new Polaroids. I knew he was gonna take a picture of me, so I conjured up a plan.
   "be right there, I need to grab something from my room!" I yelled back at him. my plan was to run to my room, grab my Polaroid camera and take a sneaky photo of him. I could hear him giggling from the living room. as I slowly approached I had my camera at the ready until I hear Alex say something to John.
   "you're actually gonna do this? marriage is a lifelong thing John." he said with worry in his voice. marriage? John is gonna propose. him and I have only been dating for a year and he's gonna propose.
   "Alex, I love y/n, no matter what that will never change. I wanna have a family with them. I wanna live with them. they've been there for me and I love them with all of my being. so yeah. i'm gonna go through with this." John said. I could hear the smile on his face. I peaked around the corner to see if he was looking at the hallway. thankfully he wasn't. I slowly crept into the room and took out my camera.
   "I do." I simply said. as soon as he heard me and turned around I took the photo. he looked shocked and happy at the same time. as soon as he heard the snap of the photo he started laughing.
   "I said I'll marry you." I said taking the photo out of the slot and then looking at him. he smiled and had a tear go down his cheek.
   "you ruined the surprise!!" he whined picking me up and spinning us in a circle. I giggled at his whining, and at the spinning.
   "this isn't the end of the photo war ya know." he said setting us down and then kissing me. I smiled.
   "I know ya goof." I said kissing him feeling a tear run down my cheek.

*flashback over*

   "mommy, where's daddy now?" Bennet asked me. I frowned feeling the sadness I've surpassed come up. John was deployed in Afghanistan to help the fight. he was shot after one of the battles were over, the enemy on the other side no knowing it was over.
   "daddy... he's... he's fighting some bad people for us. for you..." I said looking at my son. he frowned. "Bennet, can you keep this picture safe? for daddy? until he comes home?" I asked. he smiled and nodded his head fast. I love him. he looks so much like John