Thomas Jefferson x reader

Thomas x reader

request: none

prompt: none

warnings: abuse mentions, suicide mentions, really sad stuff, and crappy writing.

i'm so sorry for this really sad one i'm sorry for not updating often. i'm just sorry.

enjoy
~~~~~~
"y/n you weren't paying attention to the lesson. is everything okay?" asked the Frenchman sitting next to you. you however were deep in thought. you kept trying to remember your friend's names.
today was your first day at your new high school. you were a transfer student from South Carolina to New York. you were on the bus sitting next to your new friend Lafayette, praying you didn't switch up bus numbers.
"u-um yeah I-i'm fine. thanks M-marquis." you said stumbling on your words. he just laughed.
"y/n please call me Lafayette, Marquis is what my mother calls me when she is, how you say, scolding me." he said laughing again.
you looked down at your feet trying not to think about today. he softly touched your shoulder causing you to flinch at the sudden contact.
"s-sorry! I didn't mean to flinch. I-I-I-" you were cut off by his laughter again.
"y/n it's alright. would you care to go to the library with me?" he said as the bus started moving.
"s-sure. I would need to u-unpack my room first." you said.
and from that one bus ride you became more and more comfortable with Lafayette. you and him lived in the same street so you walked off the bus together. he offered to help you unpack which you graciously accepted his offer.
"would you like some water Mar- Lafayette?" you asked quickly correcting yourself.
"sure." he said taking off his shoes at the door and setting down his bag. you grabbed two water bottles from the fridge. throwing one over to the Frenchman.
the two of you headed up to your room unpacking all of the boxes and building a desk that was in one of the boxes. soon enough it had been two and a half hours and your mom was home.
"okay, so this looks good. thank you for your help. let's go say hi to my mom and go to the library. if you still wanna go?" you said looking at Lafayette.
"of course. and yes, I would still love going to the library." he said looking back at you. the both of you made your way down the steps to your small house.
"hi mom, this is Lafayette my friend. we finished unpacking my room and we're heading to the library." you said quickly rushing past your mom pulling Lafayette with you.
"okay whatever." she said in an agitated tone.
**time skip because I can**
"y/n, if you don't mind me asking, why were you risking me out of your house?" Lafayette asked messing up on a word.
"rushing, and it's because my mom typically isn't in a good mood after work." you said lying to his face.
much to your luck Charles Lee was at the library. he wasn't bothering you but he kept making stupid jokes about Lafayette.
"Charles fuck of seriously. Lafayette is not a 'stupid immigrant' he's a good person unlike you. you're and ignorant asshole who has way too much time on your hands and no brains to spend it on." you said giving him a death glare, causing commotion to yourself. Charles punched you in the mouth causing you to start bleeding. Charles eventually got kicked out but a man you knew very well due to previous schooling noticed you.
"y/n? is that you?" you knew that southern voice. his smell was so familiar. peaches, flowers, and pencil shavings.
"Thomas Jefferson?" you said turning around holding a hand to your eye that is gonna turn black eventually. you felt strong arms wrap around you causing you to hug the person with those arms.
"I-I can't believe it's you." said Thomas the man hugging you.
"I missed you too." was all you could choke out before starting to cry onto his chest.
"hey, it's okay, i'm here now." he said pulling away from the hug wiping away the tears that came.
"how are you? when did you move to New York?" you said looking into his soothing brown eyes.
"i'm fine, and not long after you moved to South Carolina. enough about me, how are you. did your mother stop hi-" you stopped him right there before he said too much.
"i'm fine." you said shortly looking away from his perfect face. you started smiling again.
"hey, um Lafayette, this is-" Lafayette cut you off by putting a hand on your shoulder.
"Thomas Jefferson, yes. I know... y/n i'm gonna head home. will you care to join me?" he said looking at you like he was uncomfortable.
"o-oh I um. I think i'm gonna s-stay with Thomas." you said trying not to hurt laf's feelings.
"that's okay. I'll text you later. see you tomorrow y/n." Lafayette said in a grumbly tone. he soon left and you and Thomas walked to a nearby bakery.
"so before you so rudely interrupted me. does your mom still.. you know." he said looking at you with sadness clouding his voice.
"y-yes." you said looking down. you didn't want to think about this. it felt as though the atmosphere changed quicker than typical.
"y/n why do you put up with her shit. you're almost 18 you could run away! you don't have to take the... the pain." Thomas said now looking at you. he was furious.
"remember the last thing you told me before i moved away? remember the promise how we'd never keep secrets?" you asked slightly lowering your voice to a whisper. you felt defeated broken even. but this secret was far too deep to keep any longer.
"y-yeah... I remember.. what about it?" he said his face filling with more confusion than anger.
"well, Thomas I have a confession to make." I said slowly trailing off trying to find how to phrase my next sentence. "Thomas I... w-well.. I can't leave... I promised my mother I wouldn't leave her. I promised her that and I don't brake promises. so my next plan is to kill myself." I said trying to look for hurt in his eyes. he just stared at me. "and I wanted you to know. I won't be coming to school tomorrow. I want you to tell Lafayette, John Laurens, Alexander Hamilton and Hercules Mulligan that I am thankful for their kindness. but this will be my final day." i said. I was then shuffling around for a note I had in my pocket.
"a-and this is for the police. tell them to take it to my aunt in Richmond. they'll know what to do from there." I said finishing my statements now looking down.
"suicide won't solve your problems." he began but never finished.
"it's the only way to solve this problem..." I said staring at my torn up shoes. "and Thomas.." I began to trail off. I heard a quiet hum in response. I acted quickly.
what I did next was something I've wanted to do for years. I kissed him. and surprisingly he kissed me back. when we pulled away he just wiped my slow paced wet tears flowing down my face.
"I won't let you do this." he said pulling me into a hug.
"but it's already done." I said

       and then I woke up.

(it's kinda based off of kindergarten boyfriend from heathers just different.)