John Laurens x Reader.

John x reader
modern au

warnings: water, fluff, cursing, drinking, and poor writing

prompts: pool party, chilly nights, and bonfires

request: "can you do and few prompts at one?" "yes" "okay do you mind doing a pool party prompt where it ends and the hamilsquad goes inside to hang out but Laurens and the reader have a bonfire and it's chilly outside?"

(you all live together just saying)

your wish is my command!
~~~~

we're going to the Schuyler sister's apartment when you got a text from the group chat.

🔕The Jefferson Sucks Club 🔕

founding father without a father: it's hot as hell outside wtf

turtleneck: it's literally 90 degrees I call a day off!

needle and thread: guys its Friday we should get wasted.

(your username): well I mean we can also go swimming ???

and Peggy: can't I have three essays due.

look around for Alexander: same I have a presentation in cooking class I have to perfect.

work!: i'm helping Eliza.

le baguette: looks like you'll be surrounded by testosterone and John tonight y/n

turtleneck: hey! I am a part of the male species.

(your username): as long as you boys don't dunk me in the deep end I'll be fine.

-end texts-

you put down your phone and headed to the closet to pick out your bathing suit and cover up. once choosing which to go with you put on the cover up and shorts and went into the back yard.
John was already outside talking with Lafayette. you didn't want to bother them so you went inside and found two bottles of wine and two cases of beer. you picked them up and carried it all outside.
Lafayette walked over to help you but you shrugged him off and set everything down on a picnic table.
you heard a car door slam and immediately knew it was Alex. he was to go get food for the house.
"yo guys I got food, booze, and fire wood!" you heard Alex yell from the driveway. you rushed from the back yard to help him.
"yo Alex! ya need help?" you said from inside the house.
for the next hour you were bringing in groceries and putting them away. helping set stuff up for the pool party. next thing you knew it was 5:00pm and you haven't even stepped foot in the pool.
"y/n come in the pool and relax!" you heard mulligan's loud voice. you quickly grabbed a beer and rushed over to the pool. dipping your feet in while sipping the beer. you pulled out your cellphone decided to check up on the Schuyler sisters before getting in. and suddenly your phone started playing single ladies. it was Eliza.
"hey y/n how's the pool party?" Eliza asked
"hey 'Liza I haven't even gotten in yet. how's work coming along?" you asked
"it's boring as hell. so I was wondering is the girls and I are still welcome to come over?" she asked sounding desperate.
"hold on let me ask the dudes." you said holding the phone to your chest. quickly calling out for Alexander.
"yo guy on the ten dollar can your future wife and siblings come over?" you said shouting for him hoping Eliza heard you. Alexander's face was completely red but he gave you the middle finger in response.
"yeah you are still welcome."you said smiling to yourself kicked water at a floating John.
"gotta go I think Johnny boy is about to kill me." you said quickly hanging up.
"buggy what was that for?!" he said looking at you. buggy was the nickname the boys came up with after a camping trip where you seemed to attract a lot of ladybugs and butterflies.
you then ran away from the pool as quick as possible know what turtle man's next move was.
out of nowhere you were picked up in someone's arms. "let me down" you said struggling to get free. you knew who it was. it was Alexander getting revenge for the comment earlier.
"nope." he simply said before almost tripping and falling into the deep end of the pool. you managed to get out of his arms and took off your cover up running to the shallow end of the pool. you heard whistles from behind you. the sisters got here just in time.
"y/n you look totally hot!" you heard Peggy squeal. you blushed at her comment. you felt wet arms wrap around you and pull you into the pool with them.
quickly getting on your feet to see a laughing Laurens looking at your shocked red face.
"you sneaky mother fucker I'll get you back." you said splashing water in his direction. he looked at you with a hurt expression.
"I am hurt y/n. who know you could use such mean language!" he said swimming away. you laughed but felt a blush creep on your cheeks when he said your name.
*time skip*
you had a towel wrapped around you and you were freezing you haven't changed yet.
"you cold y/n?" John asked chuckling and wrapping a blanket around you.
"John, why aren't you inside?" you asked looking at him. he just smiled and said,
"because you're alone out here. and cold. come inside before you catch a cold." he said trying to take your hand but you pulled him down. causing him to sit next to you.
"you wanna know why i'm outside alone?" you said in a hushed tone. he simply nodded his head causing you to proceed.
"I was thinking about what my life would be like in the next five years.. like I see Alexander and Eliza married, and Lafayette is in France probably engaged, Hercules will have his own fashion line. Anjelica will be married to some rich dude. Peggy will be finishing college, you will be married to the most beautiful person ever. and I can't seem to find where I would be." you said trailing off.
"I know where you'll be.." John mumbled.
"what was that?" you asked
"nothing." he said looking at the stars. you heard the sliding door open.
"ITS 11:11 MAKE A WISH!" screamed Peggy. you and John laughed.
'I wish John would hold me.' you you thought. and not even a second later did he pull you close to him.
"in five years I see you in my arms." he said loud enough for you to hear.
"we'll see about that." you said kissing his cheek and falling back into his arms. staring at the stars above.

(IM SO SORRY THIS IS SHORT. IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. I'VE BEEN WORKING ON A STORY AND ITS GONNA BE REALLY GOOD. PLEASE DON'T HURT ME. ILY ALL SO MUCH THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING OMG LIKE HOLY HELL. ANYWAYS IM GONNA STOP SCREAMING AT YOU AND GO. THANK YOU ALL ILY)