Chapter 15: Suffocating

Song: Snow, by Machine-heart

The picture above is Finn.

I shifted the point of view to Atticus for the purpose of telling more about werewolves and other shit.

Don't forget to vote or comment! 💙

~HarleyVB ☺️☕️

Atticus' POV

"Shh, it's okay kitten." I whispered to my crying mate, trying to help him settle down.

I knew that Adrian lashing out at him was just a big misunderstanding, but that didn't stop my mate from getting scared and running away. We were sitting on the back porch, his delicate face pressed tightly against my chest as I brushed my fingers through his soft, golden locks.

"I wish we could tell him," I said, pressing a kiss to the top of his head before he pulled away from me. "It would make all of this so much easier."

He nodded his head in agreement, wiping the remaining tears on my sweatshirt before cuddling up to me. I hated seeing my little mate so upset, but things with the pack were so tense with everything seeming to go wrong recently.

"I told him about what happened to me," Danny said, sniffing slightly before kissing my jaw tenderly. "I don't even know why I did it. There was just this feeling that came over me...I thought it was the best thing to do."

I smiled and thought about my mate's wolf, a memory of my sweet little cutie dancing through my head. My wolf let out a deep rumble of approval, pushing an image of him previously mounting our little mate into our head-

"Atticus!" Danny cried out, his cheeks bright red as he smacked my arm. "Now is not the time for that kind of behavior."

My wolf whined softly, hating that our mate was upset with him.

"Sorry, kitten." I said, trying to push my arousal away for the time being. "I think I know why you told Adrian,"

He slightly nudged my neck and hummed in response, the beautiful smile I cherished slipping back onto his face.

"He's our Luna," I answered, trying not to sound so confident even though I knew I was right. "You feel the need to open up to him, which would also explain why Drake felt the need to pour his heart out to him."

This answer seemed to stop the gears swiftly turning in his head, his lovely laugh coming out full and strong.

"Oh," he giggled. "That actually makes a lot of sense."

Everyone in the house saw Adrian as our strong second leader, though we knew he was equal to Finn. It was almost always typical for an Alpha to have a second command, a Beta which was the role that I had filled for years now. But a Luna was something that couldn't be appointed or given to just anyone. The moongoddess was the one who gave us our mates and set us all on our destined paths. Finn had repeatedly cursed her name when his years of searching for his mate had come to a close and he had came up empty handed.