Chapter 26: His Survivor

The picture is of Adrian who is still trying to hold on at this point.

Enjoy 😊

~HarleyVB

Adrian's POV

Adrian's POV

Somehow I had managed to fall asleep, though my body was still half awake and sent on alert mode in case of danger. I wouldn't let my guard down for even a second. I knew what Kade planned to do with me, but I would fight to my death before I willingly let it happen.

I was no longer the same scared little kid that cowered behind other people and depended on someone else to protect me. I would stand up for myself and the people that I loved, no matter what. They meant more to me than anything.

I was woken up by loud cries of pain, my instincts kicking in when I noticed it was the sobbing man in front of me. His small body shook, the endless tremors causing my heart to ache from remembering feeling the same way.

"Ronny?" I said, whispering into the darkness. "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

The dark had covered us both for a few hours now. We were starting to get used to it, seeing more with our other senses and now relying more on them. I had come to understand the ways that a someone who was born blind is able to heighten their other senses, using them to their own advantage.

"I-It's no-" he gasped, holding his bloated stomach. "nothing." there was pain dripping off of his form, the concrete scraping as he dug his nails into it. "Just some minor contractions."

Fear sparked in my chest, my eyes widening and examining his heaving body. He was a few hours away from going into labor, and we were trapped in a cellar somewhere.

"I didn't know you were that far along..." I squeezed my eyes shut, trying not to picture the boy's limp figure or the death of his baby.

"They aren't that bad yet." Ronny let out a tight breath, rubbing his round stomach. "It could come tomorrow, maybe even a couple days from now." He sniffed, tears trailing down his cheeks. "Dean wouldn't just leave us both to die. He wouldn't."

There was hope in his voice, though it was starting to get covered with worry and fear for the inevitable outcomes. I tried to keep a smile on my face, forcing it against my negative attitude.

"He'll be here soon, I know it." my voice wobbled, swallowing around the dry air in my throat.

My hope had slowly started to diminish the longer we were trapped. It felt like weeks, when it was only a few days max. Kade made my prolonged stay feel as though it were eternity.

Speak of the devil.

His limp figure slumped into the room, a bottle gripped tightly in one hand and a smirk curling across his lips. He looked like a stitched scarecrow, lips black and dry in the pale darkness.