Chapter 18: Melodies Of Love

Song: Haley Reinhardt, I Can't Help Falling In Love. I absolutely love the song, it makes me so sad and happy at the same time.

Alright, welcome back cuties. This chapter is a lot lighter than previous updates. It's really just sweet and cute stuff since I've been throwing lots of drama at you guys lately.

Don't forget to leave a comment and vote, it always gives me a little pick me up to hear from you guys.

I hope you like it!💙

~HarleyVB

Adrian's POV

Adrian's POV

"What about vampires?" I mumbled against his chest as he brushed his fingers through my hair.

Finn shook his head and let out a soft chuckle, adjusting the smooth sheets before wrapping his arms around my waist once more. We had spent a large part of the morning in our bedroom, cuddling and talking; mostly me asking him questions. I was starting to get used to the whole "werewolf" thing, though some mornings I would wake up and expect it all to be just some strange dream.

"Fake." Finn muttered, watching the television as we talked.

It had been two weeks since I had tried to run away and time was passing quicker than I could have imagined. When I had first left the safety of the guest room, everyone was walking on eggshells around me, acting as if I would suddenly snap and pull a knife on them. After the first week, seeing a huge wolf walking around in the house stopped making me scream and immediately cry out for Finn in distress. They even started calling me Luna, which was another thing I had to get used to, but it somehow made me feel more welcome than before.

"Aw," I said, smiling when he gave me a confused look. "I've always liked the idea of vampires being real. They sound sexy."

He scoffed and rolled over on top of me, making me giggle. I squirmed when he pinned me down by my shoulders and tried to capture my wandering eyes.

"Sexier than me?" He asked teasingly, his warm eyes finally locking me down in place.

I hummed softly, not being able to stop myself from slipping my arms around his neck and pulling him against me.

"Definitely not." I said, kissing his cheek affectionately. "Forget I said anything about it. How could I be so silly and believe that such a supernatural being could be real?"

I giggled when he stuck his tongue out at me and released me from his large arms, finally giving me a view of the television. The show was just background noise to our conversation, nothing really exciting happening on the screen while two characters made light banter. I much preferred talking to my mate than watching the dragging storyline.