Chapter 22: Paralyzed

Song: Goner, by Twenty One Pilots. It's pretty accurate and comparable to what Adrian is feeling at the moment, so go check that out if you have a minute.

Don't forget to vote and comment! I love hearing from you guys and it always boosts my confidence, which is a little low at the moment so it'd be great to know what you all think of the story so far.

⚠️Trigger Warning: Abuse and mention of rape (no actual rape)⚠️

~HarleyVB

Adrian's POV

Adrian's POV

My head pounded while I slowly regained my consciousness. Feeling started to return to my numb limbs, beginning in my tingling fingertips and finally ending at my heavy eyelids that slid open.

I was consumed by utter darkness, everything around me looking oddly familiar to a shadow since my vision was still blurry.

I tried to stretch my aching limbs, but failed when tight rope gripped my raw wrists. The scarred flesh looked even more brittle under the harsh pressure of the bindings, definitely leaving an indent. There was little I could do to get free as I tugged relentlessly at the restraints.

The cold wall behind me dug into my bare back while I pulled at the rope, my breath coming out in deep pants as I struggled to regain control. I yelped in frustration when my sweat covered palms inevitably slipped from the slick rope as I tried to keep myself from crying. Pressing a tied hand to my head, I closed my eyes to block out the endless dark in front of me.

"F-Finn," I whimpered, blood trickling down slowly from a gash that was forming on the side of my head.

All around me the air was burnt and filled with an acidic scent, blocking me from the hope of freshness. There wasn't anything I could do to fix my head ache except focus on getting out.

I tried to listen and get some information on where I was, but there was very little I could get from the dull scenery around me. Something dripped loudly to the left of me, though that was the bulk of the sounds that I could detect. I squinted in an attempt to search my surroundings, but my hazy sight did little to tell me where I was.

"Finny." I said quieter this time, resting my head against the wall.

In another attempt to loosen my bonds, I moved my legs around in a shuffle, my foot connecting with something hard. I narrowed my eyes at the dirty floor, drops of blood and other filthy substances covering it, as well as a sharpened hunting knife.

The blade was serrated, its thin edge covered in remnants of wet blood. My hands were tied firmly with thick rope, but I knew that if I cut them I could get the chains on my feet off easier.

With a small grunt, I slid myself down the wall and wiggled like a snake trying to get around. It was closest to my left foot, but chains held me firmly down to the floor, so I tried to grab it between my teeth.