Chapter 17: My Mate

Song: End of All Things, by Panic at the Disco

The picture is of Finn, I have to admit that I like him with more stubble though.

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote or comment, it's great getting feedback on my writing.

~HarleyVB ☕️

Adrian's POV

Adrian's POV

"Mate," he growled softly, his voice coming out more rough and gravelly compared to his usual velvety tone.

Pulling away from the warm chest, my eyes moved over his handsome face, coming to rest on his brown irises. It was really ridiculous how dense I was.

"F-Finn?" I asked, my voice coming out soft and tired from my previous yelling fit.

He let out a string of hums, the sound oddly similar to a cat purring, nuzzling my neck with the tip of his nose as he smiled brightly. The grin on his face seemed to bring a soft shiver to my body, his striking features catching me off guard once again.

"Yes, mate?" He asked, kissing the very edge of my jaw and making me instinctively move away from him.

I shuffled away backwards, ignoring the hurt on his face as I kept my eyes downcast. My mind was jumbled up as I continued thinking about the wolves, the sharp pain and the nightmare that had harshly sliced through me.

"I-I'm sorry," I mumbled, rubbing my sore eyes. "I just c-can't do that right now."

The nightmare was still fresh in my mind, the violent hands tugging, pulling, forcing and controlling me while I was completely and utterly unable to fight back. I didn't have to see the perpetrators face to know that it was Kade my mind had conjured up. From the familiar harsh voice to the words he had said to me, I knew that my brain latched onto him and decided it was best to give me a wake up call.

Finn nodded his head in understanding and moved a little further to give me some space. There was something much different about the way he was holding himself, his body no longer lax and instead held high. I wasn't sure how I felt about it.

"What was your nightmare about?" He asked, looking in my direction as I shuddered.

I didn't want to talk about it, even thinking about it just reminded me of my paralyzing fears that still continued to control me.

"W-What do you mean?" I said, the blatant lie barely rolling off of my tongue.

"You were screaming and yelling for me." He answered, eyes dark as he refused to look away from my shaking form. "I don't believe you would act like that willingly, not after the way you've been treating me these past few days." the last part coming out harshly, though he seemed more hurt than angry.