Chapter 38: Reconciliation

Shelly's baby ^ ^

Some of you might not like this chapter. Let me know how you feel about it.

Don't forget to vote.

~ Harley VB

Adrian's POV

Adrian's POV

I fiddled with the shiny ring on my thin finger, smiling at the feel of it wrapped around me. It was a permanent addition to my life, just as Finn was.

There was guard sat in front of the larger prison cell, I had implored Clause that giving the poor workers a chair would do them much better than standing upright for several hours at a time. He obviously agreed, with slight hesitation at first, though Drake had to somewhat help convince his stubborn husband.

The man, Peter I believe was his name, nodded at me and shot a smooth grin my way as I passed through the threshold and into the lit up hallway. Though we barely knew each other, having a pack bond brought us closer together.

"How is he?" I questioned, watching the still figure from the doorway.

Peter smirked, adjusting the grip on the short dagger that was attached to his hip.

"He hasn't been eating and refuses to take medication." An unmistakable look of happiness spread across his face.

I glared, my hospitality towards him suddenly running low as I wrenched the knife from his grasp and pointed it back towards him.

"You believe someone starving themselves of life is a joke?" I felt a power surge through me, the man quickly silencing himself as I figuratively towered over him. "You have no idea what it's like to wish for death as this man does. Someone so heartless and apathetic as yourself has no place in my pack. Either you respect these prisoners or I will relieve you of your duty and have my mate take care of you. And believe me when I tell you that your Alpha is a much harsher judge than I."

Peter froze, bowing his head to me as I dropped the dagger back onto the ground. The metal clattered at the man's feet, his body flinching at the abrupt sound.

"Get back to work." I commanded, entering the cell.

The body sat, hunched over itself on the small bed. I noticed the full tray sitting near his feet, a browning apple and slices of roasted chicken going bad. There were no traces of life in the dark room, the lights turned off and the dark grey walls casting an ominous shadow on the room. It seemed as though it had been months since there was any sign of life from the still figure in front of me.

"You here to beat me up again?" The voice rasped, lifting his shadowed face up to reveal soulless eyes.

I shook my head, though I didn't make a move towards him. He didn't seem to care.

"I just want to talk," I said softly, beginning to walk to his motionless body.

It was only when I stood in front of him that he decided to move. His fingers twitched, grasping the sheets that were covering the thin mattress. I bent down, meeting his head that was pointed towards the ground.