Chapter 1

My eyes struggle to open as I roll out of bed. It's 6 o'clock in the morning and I really wish I didn't have to go to school. "Wake up bro!" my big brother Mason shouts as he enters my room. I ran my fingers through my hair. "Get out man." I said playfully to Mason. "Seriously I have to get ready for my morning jog." I said in a serious tone. Mason smiled and walked out of my room. I quickly changed my clothes and headed to the bathroom. As I entered the bathroom my reflection caught my eye. I stood in the mirror and observed my face. My coco brown skin was flawless besides the scar on my eyebrow. My curly hair was all over the place. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail and brushed my teeth. After I finished up in the bathroom I headed out for my routinely jog.

After my thirty-five minute jog I took a shower and I picked out my outfit for the day. I decided to wear a red tank top and black joggers with a pair of red and black Jordan's. Once I was ready I stumbled downstairs and got breakfast. I munched on a granola bar and drank a protein shake. "Let's go ugly" my twin brother Cameron said as he tossed my back pack. "Where's dad?" I asked. "He's nowhere to be found as usual" Mason replied. I rolled my eyes and headed to the door. "I'm driving!" Mason shouted as he picked up the keys.

As we arrived on the campus of L.A. High I saw Maxine. She waved as I got out of the car. "Hey girl I missed you" she said as she walked up to me and hugged me. "I missed you too."Cameron walked around us and I caught him doing a double take at Maxine's booty. I rolled my eyes at my twin brother. Maxine and I caught up on our summer before class. When the bell rang everybody scrambled to their class. On my way to class I bumped into Christopher. "I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention." I said as I tucked my hair behind my ear and smiled. "No problem shawty."He said as he smiled back at me. He stared into my eyes and it looked like he was going to say something but the late bell rang. We both went in our separate directions.

First period was a drag. I couldn't pay attention at all. The only thing I could think about was Christopher and I playing a one on one basketball game. "Ms Parker would you like to tell me about Romeo and Juliet?" Mr. Thomas my literature teacher asked. "Well Romeo and Juliet is my favorite shake sphere play. It was a classic romance and tragedy about two young lovers who gave up their lives for each other." I wit fully explained. Mr. Thomas smiled at me and proceeded with the lesson.

Before I knew it lunch time had arrived. I basically spent all morning daydreaming about Christopher. "Chrissy? You there?" Maxine asked. "My bad love. I was thinking" I replied. "Thinking about Christopher!" she sang. I couldn't help but laugh at her. "Yes I am thinking about him. He just does something to me and I can't get him out of my head." I said as I began to space back out. "Hellooo! Stay with me girl." Maxine said but ignored her.

During chemistry Mrs. Key gave us a seating chart. I was assigned to sit next to Christopher. I was happy as hell. We both sat where we were told. After the class was arranged Mrs. Key began her lesson on the periodic table. I quietly took notes until Christopher nudged me. I looked at him and he smiled at me "Christina right?" he asked while flashing that gorgeous smile. "Yeah but you can call me Chrissy" I replied. "Chrissy? That's cute. So what are you doing after school?" he asked. "Well I'm going to play ball with my brothers after school." I said with a witty smile. "You ball? No way. I bet you play like a girl." He teased. "And I bet I can beat you." I said. "Ms. Parker and Mr. Lockhart would you like to share the story?" Mrs. Key asked as we became the center of attention. "No Mrs. Keys" Christopher said. My face was completely flushed. Mrs. Keys continued the lesson and we decided to pay attention for the remainder of class.

At the end of class Christopher asked to meet me for coffee whenever I got a chance. I accepted the invitation for this afternoon at 4:15. I was actually pretty excited for my "date". I was so excited that I daydreamed the rest of the day. I didn't even realize that it was almost four. I got up from my bed and picked out an outfit. I decided to wear dark skinny jeans that hugged my curves and a blue tank top. Then I fixed my hair. I placed my shoulder length curly hair into a messy top bun. Once I was ready I took Mason's car keys and headed for the coffee shop.