Chapter 9

The break is finally over. After a terrible Christmas and an even worse new year. If the break was any longer I probably would have died. The only good part was that Mason Cameron and I moved out. Since Mason is 18 and had enough money saved we all decided to move away from dad's crazy ass. We moved into a condo not too far from school. Each of us had enough space and it was comfortable.
"Earth to Shawty." Chris said snapping me out of my daydream.
"Yes." I replied.
"Pay attention to Chemistry my love."
I looked at the board to see our assignment. Oh great just what I needed. I retrieved my pen and notebook from my bag and  completed the assignment. Once I finished my work Chris and I chatted until the bell for third period rang.
I rushed thru the hallway and headed to Mrs. Lopez's class. Once the class got settled she lectured us on the assassination of JFK. Shit I have to pee. I hate interrupting her. She gets all bitchy. I raised my hand and waited. "Yes Parker?" Mrs. Lopez said.
"Can I be excused?" I asked. She nodded her head. I got up from my seat and went to the bathroom. When I got in the bathroom I heard footsteps behind me but I payed no mind to it. I chose the cleanest stall and peed. When I came out I washed my hands and noticed Hunter. "What you doing in here? This is the girls bathroom." I said. He didn't say anything he pushed me against the wall. He kissed me on my lips then my neck. "Hunter stop!" I screamed. He used his body to pin me against the wall and he felt me up. "Stop!" I yelled. Shae walked in the bathroom "Hunter get the fuck off of me!" I shouted. Shae pulled out her phone and took pictures "Smile bitch." Shae said. Tears rolled down my cheeks. Hunter let go of me and walked out of the bathroom with Shae. I sat on the bathroom floor and cried.
After 10 minutes Max walked into the bathroom. "Whats wrong?" She asked.
"Hunter pinned me to the wall and kissed me and Shae came in and took pictures." I cried. Max comforted me. And re assured me. I can't believe this is happening to me.
I spent the rest of the day in space. I was trying to strategize how I was going to tell Christopher.
By the time the day ended I couldn't find Chris. I honestly wanted to tell him face to face.I went home and invited him over via text.
* * * * * *
I took a shower and waited for Chris to come over. He said he was on his way.
When he arrived I sat him on the couch and told him everything that happened in the bathroom. "I don't believe you" he said. I expected that because Shae and him have been close friends for a while. "Baby I'm telling the truth." I whined.
"I know both of you have your differences but that gives you no reason to lie on my cousin." He scolded.
"Cousin??"
"Yeah blood is thicker than water and she already told me about it"
"What did she tell you?"
"She told me that she walked into the bathroom and saw yall kissing and she took pics to show me your disloyalty."
"I cant believe this bs. Get out."
Tears filled my eyes as he walked out of the door and the words "its over" left his mouth. I went to my room and cried my eyes out.
"Whats wrong big head." Cam asked as he came in my room.
"Chris broke up with me." I cried.
"Why?"
"Hunter and Shae pulled a stunt. Shae took pics of Hunter trying to kiss me in the bathroom and Chris believed Shae and he broke up with me."
"Ima kick Hunter's ass and Chris for being an ass."
"I can't afford to fight... If it gets back to coach I'm off the team."
"I will fix it I promise."
"Thanks Cam."
Cameron left my room. I laid in my bed and sobbed until I drifted into a deep sleep

I saw my mother in front of me and darkness surrounds us. I cried on her shoulder. She looks so happy and beautiful. I told her my dilemma. She told me "Christina he loves you he will come back. Just by they way he treats you proves that he loves you. And don't worry about Carter he will get whats coming to him eventually." Thats the last thing I remembered before I woke up.
I rolled out of bed and got ready for school. I really didn't want to go to school. Facing Chris today would just break my heart. The worst part is we have Chemistry today. This can't get any worse.
*             *             *                *                 *            
I survived most of my classes so far but I have the class I've been dreading all day. Chemistry. I wish I could be invisible sometimes.
I sat next to Chris and took notes from Mrs. Keys' powerpoint. Then my mind started to wander. I started thinking about what if he didn't love me anymore and what if we never get back together.
Thats when I got sulky. I closed my book and placed my head on the desk. I felt a hand on my back. I looked up to see Chris staring at me. When we made eye contact he rolled his eyes and looked away. I don't get why he put his hand on my back but anyhow. I put my head back on my desk and continued to sulk. I feel like my whole life is falling apart. Mom is gone, dad doesn't care about me, and I just lost the love of my life. The only thing I have to keep me going is basketball and my brothers. I wish things were different. Maybe if dad wasn't a bitch I wouldn't be as sulky.
"Christina its lunch time." Christopher said to me. The fact that he doesn't call me shawty anymore kills me. I got up out of my seat and headed to the cafeteria. I got my tray of salad and a soda. I sat with Mason, only because I wanted Max to be with Cam. 
"You still bummed baby sis?" He asked
"Yeah just a little bit." I mumbled.
"Its okay he will catch his senses." he reassured.
"Hey Mase." a dark skinned girl said as she approached us. "Hey baby girl." Mason said.
I observed her appearance. She is honestly beautiful. She is slim with long permed hair and white teeth.
"Chrissy this is Tasha. Tash this is my baby sis Christina." Mason said introducing us.
"Nice to meet you." I said
"Nice to meet you too." she replied.
She joined us for lunch and I got to know her. I must say I like her so far. She is intelligent and goal orientated. Mason usually ends up with dumb girls. So this is a surprise.
The three of us was having a very interesting conversation about last nights game until Cameron started shouting.
"Yo Hunter I heard you been touching up on my lil sister." Cameron screamed. Oh shit its bouta go down.
"Yeah I did. What you finna do bout it?" Hunter shouted.
"I thought you was my bro but you been touching up on my sister like that shit funny."
"What you gonna do bro?" 
The next thing I knew Cameron punched the shit out of Hunter. Then they went at it blow for blow. I never saw Hunter in a fight before cause he was always so quiet. Cameron on the other hand is a TNT bomb. He will go off on anybody.
Cam was beating the hell outta Hunter. Everything was so bloody. It took 5 securities to pull them apart.  After the commotion about the fight died down the pics of Hunter kissing me went around by an "anonymous source." Tears filled my eyes.
When the bell rang for last period everybody started calling me names in the hallway.
"Slut!" Jerome and his friends yelled. Everyone started booing at me. This year can't get any worse.