Chapter 5

Today is the day I finally turn 17, well along with my brother. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to share my birthday. It feels like I have to share my attention on my special day. But the bright side is that combined parties are not just cheaper but lit. Every year Cam and I throw an amazing party. "Happy happy birthday Chrissy." Mason and Cam sang as they entered my room. Mason placed a cupcake on my lap as I sat up. I blew out the candle. Cameron took the cupcake and smeared it all over my face. Mason laughed hysterically and took pictures of us. I already knew today was going to be the best birthday. I got out of bed and got ready for my big day. I showered and styled my hair. After I flat ironed my hair I got dressed. I decided to wear the dress mom bought for me before she died. This will be my first time wearing the dress. It is so beautiful its a fit and flare dress the colors transition from grey to black. It has cap sleeves and a lace design.

"Let's get some breakfast ugly." Cam said as I twirled in my dress. Mason took us to IHOP for breakfast. I ordered a steak omelet with French toast and bacon. The three of us devoured our food. After breakfast Mason took us to the mall. Cameron and I spent a fortune in footlocker. I bought enough nike shoes to last a lifetime. When we completed our shopping spree we went to the skating rink to finish up decorations and made sure that we had enough food.

Around 5 o'clock invited guest started rolling in. The latest hits were playing and everybody was dancing. "Mason go get the booze." I whispered to Mason. Mason left and I continued to dance. All of Cameron's friends seemed to show interest in me. What the hell man it's your birthday do what you want' I thought to myself. "Hey mama." Hunter said seductively. "Hey Hunter." I said as he passed me a drink. "Happy birthday mama."

"Thanks."

Hunter winked at me and walked away.

Christopher snuck up on me from behind. I turned around to see him with a huge teddy bear and a large gift basket. I was near tears. "Happy birthday shawty." he said. "Thank you baby." I replied as I wrapped my arms around him. He placed a sweet kiss on my lips. I love him so much, I don't know what I would do without him. Chris took the gifts to Mason's car and came back with a smile.

"What you smiling for?" I asked

"Because I'm lucky to have you." He replied

"No I'm lucky to have you." I said as I tiptoed to kiss him on his neck. Damn he smells good.

"Let's dance." He suggested. I smiled and followed him to the dance floor. We danced until my feet started to hurt. "Ladies and Gents it's time for the Jell-O shot competition." mason announced. "Who do you think will win? The birthday boy? Or the birthday girl?" he continued. Jell-O shot competitions is probably my favorite birthday tradition. We have been doing this since we turned 15. Mason and Chris laid out the shots. Each of us had ten shot of grey goose vodka in front of us. "Ready...Set. Go!" Mason shouted. I swear I was going shot for shot as fast as I could. I am the reigning queen so I couldn't lose my title to my other half. "Cameron has two more shot." Mason announced. I have three in front of me. I know there is still a chance. I rushed down to my last shot with five seconds left. Cameron looked as if he was already drunk. I quickly took my last shot. "It's a tie." Christopher announced. How did that happen? "Both of you finished the shot at the same time" mason said. "I demand a tie breaker." I stated. "I can't drink anymore I feel woozy." Cameron said.

"Chrissy wins by default!" Mason said. I knew that the vodka would sneak up on me later but right now I'm fine. "Congrats baby." Christopher said kissing me on my forehead.

After I took back my title as Jell-O shots champion we blew out the candles on the cupcakes and shared them with everyone. This was the best birthday by far.