Chapter 10

Its been a week since Christopher and I broke up. And the name calling is getting seriously annoy. I am ready to start dropping bodies. Its really not fun being called a slut or whore when you're trying to get your education. But thank God its the weekend. I am barely surviving. This weekend I have practice we have a game coming up on Thursday.
"Baby sis you hungry?" Mason asked.
"Yeah can we get takeout?" I answered.
"Sure... Tasha is here by the way."
"Okay."
I took out my textbooks and did my Chemistry homework to kill time.
When I completed my homework Mason told me that the food is on the counter for me. I went into the kitchen and retrieved my food from the counter. I took the food to my room and ate. I didn't even pay any attention to Tasha who was sitting on the couch in the living room.
After my meal I changed into my basketball gear and headed to the court in my neighborhood.
When I arrived there was a bunch of boys. Well I expected that. But man they were sexy as hell.
"Yo lemme get in on a game." I shouted. The boys looked at me and laughed. They underestimate me. I watched as a dark skinned boy dribbled the ball with a brown skinned boy guiding him. I ran in stole the ball and finished with a layup. "Can I play now?" I asked.
"Okay mama, I'm Daquan what yo name is?" The dark skinned boy said.
"I'm Christina but call me Chrissy." I replied.
"Okay you team captain pick yo team." he said with a wide smile.
We picked teams and played. These niggas were good but not good enough. My team won. It was a good workout.
"Damn mama got game." Daquan said as he slapped my ass.
"Hey watch it" I said.
"You gotta man mama?" He asked. I shook my head no. "Oh you got self respect. I understand sorry ma." he continued. Daquan out here looking yummy. I think I should get his number. We talked for a while and I successfully got his number. I am trying my best to move on.
Later that afternoon I lounged in my bed and check my social media. Lurking got my feelings hurt cause I saw a pic of Chris.It broke my heart into a million pieces because I miss him. I was so hurt my chest started to bother me. I decided to call up Daquan.
"Yo" he answered
"Daquan this Christina." I replied
"Oh hey mama whats popping?"
"Nothing much just chilling."
"Oh okay how was your day."
"It was good what about you."
"Better since you called. What made your day so good."
"Well I whooped yall ass today."
"That was ya day maker?"
"Yup."
"What school you go?"
"LA high. You?"
"I just graduated last year from Hollywood high"
"Oh cool so you work?"
"Yeah I work at Foot locker in LA mall."
"Nice ima need some discounts on shoes when I need some new ones."
"Okay mama what grade you in?"
"11"
"Oh you a junior?"
"Pretty much."
"So you coming to the court tomorrow?"
"No I have practice."
"For what?"
"I play ball for the girls community team."
"Yall gotta sick team."
"Thanks."
"Wait you that girl who be on fire all the time? And you passed out at the winter tournament?"
"Yeah that was me."
"Damn mama who taught you how to ball?"
"My brothers."
"Oh, how much you got?"
"2. You got any siblings."
"Yeah I got 3 sisters and 2 brothers."
"Oh damn full house."
"Yup. You wanna meet up tomorrow after your practice?"
"Sure where you wanna meet?"
"Ummmm how about McDonalds or something?"
"You got McDonalds money?"
"Yeah ma I got you."
"Okay then pick me up at 7."
"Okay ma I gotta go later."
"Later."
Daquan ended the call. I stretched across my bed and thought about it.
"Big head who you was flirting with on the phone?" Cam asked as he invaded my room.
"A person and I was not flirting."
"Yeah yeah who was it."
"A nigga."
"Don't tell me it was that bitch ass Chris."
"No it was Daquan."
"Oh I know him he graduated last year from Hollywood high."
"Yeah anything I should know about him?"
"Umm he cool well educated I never heard of him in trouble so you good."
"Okay bye now."
Cam left my room. I rolled on my side and fell asleep.
* * * * *
I woke up pretty damn late. It was like 2:45pm. I'm surprised Cameron didn't disturb me. I got out of bed and went in the bathroom to brush my teeth and I examined my face. Then I went to the kitchen and made a fruit salad for myself. I am surprised that there is food. I guess Mason went shopping. I ate my salad and Tasha walked into the kitchen.
"Good morning fancy seeing you here." I said jokingly
"Lol hey Chrissy." she replied. She got something to drink from the fridge and then disappeared in the hallway. After I finished breakfast I took a shower and got ready for practice I also packed extra clothes for when I go out with Daquan. I packed light blue ripped jeans and a pink v-neck polo shirt with my all pink 11s.
Once I was ready Mason dropped me off.
Practice wasn't as intense as I anticipated. Coach was more laid back. We basically did layups all practice.
After practice I showered and waited for Daquan.
I sat out front and a 2018 Impala pulled up.
"Get in ma." Daquan said as he rolled down the window.
I hopped in the car and he drove off. The whole ride we listened to music and got to know each other better. But the funny thing is we passed like 25 McDonalds. I didn't say anything tho.
After 20 minutes of driving a round we arrived at Outback.
"What happened to McDonalds?" I questioned.
"Well..I see something special in you so I wanna take you somewhere almost as special." he answered.
Aww that shit sweet. He got out of the car and opened the door for me. I stepped out of the car and we both entered the restaurant.
"Two?" The host asked.
"Yeah." Daquan replied. The host sat us at our table. But then Daquan requested a booth. We were seated at a booth and we received menus?
"Get anything you want ma." Daquan said. I looked at him and smiled.
We chatted some more until the waiter took our orders. We continued to converse until the waiter brought us that fancy bread. I took a few pieces and buttered them. "You ain't gone have space for your food if you eat all that bread ma." He said as I buttered the bread. I looked at him as if he was crazy. "Boy let me tell you something. I am a thick girl and trust me my stomach will make space." I answered smartly. "Okay miss thick." he teased.
I ate my bread in peace. Until the food arrived.
The waiter sat my plate of ribs and mashed potatoes in front of me. And a plate of steak and mashed potatoes in front of Daquan. We both feasted on the delicious food in front of us.
"That was good." I said. I accidentally burped. He laughed at me. My face was flushed.
"Don't be embarrassed ma I think its cute." Daquan said. We both laughed.
The waiter came and gave us a dessert menu. I took forever to decide because everything looked so damn good. After a few minutes I finally decided to get the chocolate lava cake with ice cream. And when it sat in front of me it was mouth watering. I started to dribble just by gazing at it.
"You gonna eat or sit there and dribble." Daquan asked. I giggled and ate my dessert.

* * * * *
I had fun tonight. When I got home I called Max and told her everything. She was happy for me but she told me to be careful. I understood where she was coming from because I just got out of a relationship. But right now Daquan is the perfect distraction.