Chapter 2

For the past few weeks Christopher and I got really close. We spent a lot of time together. And I also notice Maxine and Cameron were spending a lot of time together. I always knew he had a thing for her. Hell who didn't know. It was pretty obvious that cam liked Maxine. He would always walk her to class or buy her lunch or they would "study" together. I think studying was code for them to go somewhere and kiss or something. I am happy for both of them. They're so lucky because cam can invite Maxine over and dad would just think she came over to chill with me. If I invite Christopher over dad would have a fit. "Earth to best friend" Maxine sang. "Sorry I was thinking" I said.

"Thinking about what?" she interrogated.

"Umm about me and Christopher and how my dad doesn't approve." I said in a sulky tone.

"I'm pretty sure he will lighten up eventually. I mean he doesn't even know Christopher. I bet once your dad gets to know him it will be smooth sailing." Maxine reassured.

"I hope so. But dad doesn't have time to get to know anybody, He is always on a trip with the team. Like dad barely has time for me. Do you really think he would drop anything to have a proper introduction with my boyfriend?" I explained as I let out a loud sigh.

"Well.... You have a point but stay positive about it."

"I will try." I said as the bell rang, indicating that lunch is over.

Max and I walked to history together. I rather hide in the bathroom until school is over but this is my education. I cannot afford to miss a class because I hate a teacher or the class.

"Late as always Ms. Parker and Ms. Johnson." Mrs. Lopez said, looking over her glasses. "That's Mrs. Johnson-Parker to you." Maxine remarked as we found ourselves to our seat. Mrs. Lopez gave rolled her eyes and proceeded with the lesson. Mrs. Lopez spent the whole period putting us to sleep with a lecture of some war thing. I really didn't pay much attention. "Parker would you like to share with us what you have learned about today's lesson?" Mrs. Lopez asked, catching me off guard.

"Well...umm... the war....." I stuttered.

"You weren't paying attention." Mrs. Lopez stated

"Okay class thanks to Parker you all have to write a 500 word review on the American war of independence." She instructed. "Due next week."

"Thanks a lot Christina!" Jerome shouted.

The entire class started talking and the bell rang for second period. I walked to math by myself.

Math was a breeze, I'm the top student in the class so I finished all of my work early. I spent the remainder of the period on Instagram and texting Christopher.

I think I slept through the rest of my classes because the last thing I remember is talking to Max at lunch. The next thing I knew I was waking up with drool on my face and my last period teacher dismissing us. I wiped my face and gathered my stuff to leave. As I walked out of the class I spotted Christopher. I avoided him and stopped to the nearest bathroom. I placed my bag on the counter and started checking myself in the mirror. I usually don't wear makeup but I concealed the dark spots on my face. After I blended I put my favorite MAC lip gloss on. It's my favorite because it gives me a natural look. After fixing myself in the bathroom I unwrapped a stick of double mint gum and chewed it. I exited the school and found Maxine.

"Girl where u been?"

"I was in the bathroom."

"Nigga you took forever. I think that's the longest u ever took in the bathroom in your life."

"Girl leave me alone I had to make sure I looked sensible."

"For Christopher aye? Oh he's coming this way!"