Chapter 17

Senior year is around the corner. Honestly I am glad for it. Sooner I graduate the sooner I can get drafted for the WNBA. This year and next year is my time to perfect every layup pass and shoot. I don't want to lose my chances because I got lazy. Funny thing is I'm always in my bed. "Mask on Fuck it mask off" my phone sang.
"Hello?"
"Chrissy I need to talk to you"
"Dad? What for?"
"Its really important can you come over?"
"I guess .....I will be there in a few"
I ended the call. I wonder what dad wants to talk to me about. I got up from the couch took Mason's car keys and headed to dad's house.
When I arrived dad gave me a bear hug with tears in his eyes.
"What's wrong? " I asked.
"I was going through your mother's stuff " he said as he handed me a box and wiped the tears.  I opened the box and found mom's old jewelry and pictures and keys. A few tears rolled down my cheeks. Everything in this box has value to me.
"Keep the box Chrissy for your children" he said. I gazed in the box and noticed mom's locket. Each of us has a piece that makes a heart. I cried with the box to my chest. Dad pulled into a bear hug. I buried my face in his chest. Dad kissed my forehead and told me that he would make it up to me for my birthday. Shortly after our heart to heart I drove to the beach and sat in the sand. The beach reminds me of the last mother daughter day I had. I remember that day like yesterday.
Mom and I sat on the sand and talked about everything. At the time I was dating Kevin and I told her about my problems with him. She was the one who told me to break up with him. I really miss her. She was always full of life energy and wisdom. Her smile could light a dark room. People who knew her said that I look like her. We have the same almond brown eyes, same smile and nose. She just was a bit smaller than me. When she started chemo she started losing weight. She was really skinny by the time she died.
Tears cascaded down my face as I reminisced about her. Basketball ball is one of the few things I have to remember her by. Mom wanted to be a WNBA star but she had three kids and cancer. So I want to fulfill that dream for her.
"Mask on fuck it mask off" my phone rang
"Hello?"
"Baby sis where are you? I need my car to get Tasha she is sick again"
"I'm coming home now Mason. Is Tasha okay?"
"She had been throwing up all day and she is home alone"
I ended the call and stood up. I dusted the sand from my ass and headed to the car.
I got in the car and sped home. Mason was outside waiting on me. I tossed him the keys and went inside. I went in my room and got changed into basketball shorts and a t shirt. I slid on my basketball shoes and headed back out. I walked to the court and played with the boys. I had to let off some steam. I saw Daquan there. I didn't expect him there, I thought he was at work. After the game I played with the boys I caught up with Daquan.
"Hey" I said to him
"Hey ma" he replied with a smile.
"Long time no see"
"I've been working a lot"
"Oh I understand"
"Yeah how's everything thing"
"Good senior year starts in a few weeks"
"Oh cram time. What do you wanna do when you graduate?"
"I wanna get drafted for WNBA but my backup plan is a chef"
"Cool well by next year I will have enough money saved for college so I can major in biology"
"Oh you wanna be a doctor or something?"
"Yeah I gotta go ma later"
Daquan got up and left. I sat on the bench and caught my breath before I walked home.

* * * * *
I let the hot water from the shower beat on my skin. It was relaxing. My muscles were relieved from tension. Hot showers always relax me for some reason. I lathered my towel washed my skin and rinsed off.
I walked into my room with my towel around my body. I was anticipating a dejavu moment with Christopher on my bed again. But my bed just had my clothes sitting there. I got dressed and picked up my phone from the bed. I saw a few missed text from Chris.
Baby: shawty u home?
Baby: baby girl?😭
Baby:Christina Brielle Parker😍
Baby: princess you there? I miss u😭😭😭
Me: hey baby sorry i was on the court letting off some steam
Baby: next time let me know i thought yo fine ass jumped off a building
Me: 🙄 whatever
Baby: u okay? How was ur day?
Me: it was alright i went by my dad and he gave me some of moms stuff and i got emotional and stuff and i went on the beach then the court now im in my bed bored
Baby: awwww princess u wanna talk about what happened by ur dad ik that ur mom is a touchy topic
Me: im good
Baby: u sure? I can come over with some junk food
Me:🙄 okay baby u tryna get me fat tho
Baby: thats cause i love u😘
Me : i love u too❤️😘😘❤️
Baby: see u in 15
Me: okay

*              *                 *                    *                 *
Within a 20 minutes Christopher was knocking on the front door. I opened the door and he greeted me with a wet kiss on my cheek. "Ew" I said as I wiped my cheek. "You don't say ew when I make you taste yourself" he sassed. I rolled my eyes and kissed him on his lips. He carried the junk food to my room and I followed behind. We sat on my bed and ate. I swear he is the best. He brought my favorite ice cream cookies and cream. And he got double chocolate chip cookies and hot Cheetos and gatorade and chocolate.
"So tell me whats on your mind" he said as he opened the ice cream and passed me a spoon.
"Well I love you" I said while eating a spoon full of ice cream.
"I love you too. You wanna talk about anything?"
"Nah I just wanna enjoy the junk food but if you keep this up ima be Ms Piggy"
"Lol u gonna be my Ms Piggy"
"Oh gosh you really tryna get me fat. I'm tryna stay fit baby"
"Okay love this is my last time trying to get you fat"
He kissed me on my forehead. My phone buzzed on the side of me. I looked at the screen and it was Daquan asking to hang out tomorrow. I sat my phone back on my bed and focused my attention to my handsome boyfriend. "Who texted?" He asked
"Daquan he still wants a rematch" I lied.
"Damn my baby that good?"he asked.
"Yes baby" I said as I planted a kiss on him.
We finished our junk food and relaxed on my bed.
"Baby girl" he whispered.
"Huh?" I replied, I was starting to dose off.
"You sleep?"
"No" I snuggled in his arms.
"You sure? Cause you was starting to snore"
"I don't snore!"
"Yes you do!"
"What ever!"
I closed my eyes and drifted into a dream.