Chapter 27

Today is Sunday and I got the news I didn't expect. The doctor called me and told me that I'm pregnant. When I heard the news I dropped my phone. I have to go tomorrow morning for an appointment. This isn't good. What about the WNBA drafts? I fucked up my life. Further more I'm not sure if Chris is the father. I really really fucked up.
"Chrissy you okay?" Mason asked as he walked into my room. I stared into blank space. By my facial expression a blind person could see that something is bothering me. I nodded my head.
"You sure you want me to call Max?" He asked.
"Yeah" I replied in a whisper.
"Max!" Mason yelled.
Max walked in the room within seconds.
"Whats going on?" She asked as she walked in and sat on my bed next to me. "I got her Mason" she continued. Mason left closing the door behind him.
Tears streamed down my face. "Whats wrong?" Max asked.
"I'm pregnant" I said as I watched my tears land on my shirt.
"Are you serious?"
"Yes"
"Wow do you think it's Daquan's baby?"
"Not sure"
"Its gonna be okay"
"No its not how will I tell Christopher that I am pregnant with another nigga's baby?"
"Maybe its his. Have you guys been using protection lately?"
"Yeah I think so"
"You ain't even sure. Just relax go to the doctor and find out how much weeks you are."
"Okay"
I wiped my tears and Max hugged me.
"What about drafts?" I asked.
"Do you want to keep the baby?" She replied.
"I have no idea i don't think I'm ready for one"
"Well your final decision will determine whether you can go to drafts or not"
I held my head down. I am honestly disappointed in myself. I have goals and I was foolish enough to make a mistake like this. Max comforted me until I head a knock at the door.
Chris walked in with two taco bell bags.
"Whats wrong princess?" He asked with a concerned look.
"We have to talk" I said. I looked at Maxine and she got up and left my room closing the door behind her. Christopher sat on my bed next to me and looked in my eyes searching for my troubles.
"Baby I'm...."
"What?"
"Pregnant"
He looked at me and anger filled his eyes.
"So you pregnant for that other nigga huh?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Don't play dumb Christina I heard when you and Max were talking about it the other day. You was in the club being a fucking hoe"
Oh shit
"Chris he took advantage of me while I was drunk!"
I began to cry again. I buried my face in my palms.
"Stop lying bitch!"
"Baby I'm telling the truth Maxine took me to the club. I got wasted. He took advantage of me and I didn't know how to tell you"
"What ever Christina."
He took his food and walked out of my room. I didn't even touch the food that he brought for me. I just sat on my bed and cried my eyes out. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do now. Chris is mad at me, I'm pregnant, I'm gonna miss drafts, I'm not gonna go college. I cried and wondered what to do next.
Cameron walked into my room with a concerned look.
"Whats wrong?" He asked.
"Don't worry" I said as I wiped my tears.
"Don't tell me not to worry you in here balling your eyes out. Now tell me what's wrong"
"You can't judge me okay"
"Alright"
"Well I'm kinda sorta...maybe...just a little sick"
"Sick?"
"Yeah for like nine months"
Cameron looked at me in shock. I saw the disappointment in his eyes but we both know he can't do anything about it.
"Does Christopher know?"
"Yeahs he didn't take it well he thinks its not his"
"Why would he think that?"
"I got drunk not too long ago and Daquan was there and things happened but I was under the influence"
"Oh how did he find out"
"He over heard Maxine and I talking about it but I am pretty sure its Christopher's baby"
"Well Ima talk to him about it"
"Thanks Cam"
I hugged my brother. He kissed me on my cheek. He left me to my thoughts. I sat on my bed and contemplated on my decision.
I could hear Christopher and Cameron talking from the living room. I honestly thought he went home already.
I went into the living room. Everyone went silent.
"Chris I'm going to the doctor today. If you wanna come with me and get a later paternity test done then you are free to join me" I said. Everyone looked at Christopher waiting on his response.
"Okay what time are you going?" he asked with an attitude.
"I'm going in the next two hours" I replied. I went back into my room and laid down. I dozed off for a while.
"Mom I messed up" I cried into her shoulder.
"I know Chrissy this is something to learn from"
"Should I keep the baby?"
"Follow your heart"
"I want to keep the baby but I will have to put my whole life on pause"
"I understand. I put my whole life on pause for the three of you but I'm glad I did. I am disappointed Christina but we cant change the past. Move on and do what you feel is best"
Mom kissed me on my forehead.
I woke up still uncertain of my choice.
"Lets go" Chris said as he walked in my room. I got out of my bed and fluffed my hair.

* * * * *
We arrived at the doctor's office and waited. It felt like years. We finally got assigned into the room. The gynecologist did an ultra sound. "Judging by the stage of development you are 3 weeks pregnant. Any concerns?"  He said.
"Well I wanna paternity test done" Chris said.
The doctor nodded his head. We proceeded with the test. It was a bit violating for me but so was the ultrasound.

*              *                 *                    *                 *
After the doctors visit Chris took me home. We barely said a word to each other in the car.
Once I was home I went straight into my room and fell asleep.