Chapter 19

My mind has been on Daquan lately . Today is my first day back as a senior and I can't focus.
"Christina" Mrs. Lopez said.
"Yes?"  I replied.
"Tell us about your summer"
"Well I went to Orlando with my brothers and thats it"
"Okay"
Mrs. Lopez gave me a dirty look. She always disliked me and I never knew why. I always get good grades even though I don't pay attention. Mrs. Lopez gave the class a chill day so we all chatted until second period.
In second period I had study hall so I just slept through it.
Third period was drama. We were doing improv.
"Why don't you love me any more?" Jessica yelled.
"Because I'm in love with Sheila!" Felix screamed.
"What?? My best friend??"
"I am so sorry Jess but its just not working out. Something about Sheila just....I don't know"
"Forget you! And her! I hope both of you rot in hell"
"And scene"
"Great job you two everybody can relax until lunch we have a few minutes left." Ms Jackson my drama teacher said. Felix and Jessica had been doing improv all class. Ms. Jackson favors them cause they are the strongest actors in the class. I mean all of us are good but they just can carry any part well.
When the bell rang I walked out of class to find Chris waiting for me. Its really sweet how he could wait outside my classes for me.
"Hey shawty" he said as my phone buzzed. I knew it was Daquan but I ignored it.
"Hi baby" I replied in a sweet tone. He kissed me on my lips as we walked to the cafeteria. All eyes were on us in the hallways. We are the power couple of L.A. High. We walked hand in hand into the cafeteria and to our seat. I didn't want lunch because its taco day and their tacos don't taste too good.
"So shawty how was class?"
"Well the class pets did improv until the bell rang so I guess it was good."
"Oh wow does Ms. Jackson like the rest of y'all?"
"I doubt it"
"So you ready for the season?"
"Yeah but I got lazy over the summer"
"Christina you been on the court all summer, I've seen your snaps"
"Okay you caught me. I am completely ready for the season and for drafts"
"Thats my girl"
He planted a kiss on my cheek.
"Shawty I'm coming right back"
"Where you going?"
"To the bathroom"
"Okay baby"
I watched as Christopher left the table and disappeared into the hallway. Once he was out if sight I responded to Daquan.
Daquan: Chrissy
Me: yess??
Daquan: work is boring😉
Me: oh well i am at lunch
Daquan: i miss those lips
Me:🙄 fuck off not cool. You shouldn't of done that
Daquan: im sorry ma
Me: like that was fuckin disrespectful you know i have a man.
Daquan: I thought i could change your mind
Me: what ever bye🙄
As much as I want Daquan its not right to entertain him while I'm with Chris. I locked my phone screen and waited for Chris to come back, but Hunter wants to be a waste of space. He sat next to me. "Chrissy I've always like you, I'm sorry for all the trouble" he said. I rolled my eyes and ignored him. "Please say something" he begged, but I continued to ignore him. Hunter grabbed my shoulder and kept begging. He looked like a sad ass to be honest. "LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE HUNTER BEFORE I KICK YOUR ASS MYSELF" I yelled. Hunter held his head down and left me at the table. Christopher sat next to me a few minutes later. We sat and talked until last period. The upside about seniors is that we don't have 5 periods. Only four, which makes my day shorter. For last period Chris and I have chemistry. Its my weakest class but Chris is in it. So there is an upside.

* * * * *
"Okay class next week will be doing an experiment" Mrs. Keys stated. I rolled my eyes and sat down next to Chris. "You need to bring your lab coats, gloves and goggles tomorrow. And for home work do research on which substance is more reactive with hydrogen" she continued. I took out my notebook and wrote down my home work assignment. After that she instructed us to take note from our text books.
We spent the entire period taking notes. By the time school ended I was hella tired. I honestly just want to go to bed.
"Baby you wanna ride home?" Chris asked as we walked out of the lab.
"Yeah" I said.
We existed the school and headed to the parking lot. Chris opened the door of his car for me. I got in the car and he closed the door. Then he walked around and got in the drivers seat. He started the car and peeled out of the schools parking lot. On the drive to my house we listened to music and kissed at every red light. We were at the red light right before my street when my phone rang. "Hello? Mason?" I answered.
"Chrissy Tasha is in the hospital again and its serious this time" Mason cried.
"How serious?" I asked
"She started bleeding and cramping up"
"Is she with the doctor?"
"Yeah he is checking her now"
"Okay keep me updated"
"Okay baby sis do your homework when you get home"
I hung up the phone and sighed.
"Whats wrong shawty?" Chris asked.
"Tasha is in the hospital again"
"Why?"
"She started bleeding her pregnancy is complicated"
"Oh you didn't tell me she is pregnant"
"Oh I thought I did"
"Okay do you want me to stay over until Mason gets back?"
"I'm good baby"
"Okay"
We pulled up to my place. I got out of the car and searched my bag for my keys. Once I found it I opened the door. Chris waited until I got inside before he left.
Once I got inside I showered and did my homework. Once my homework was done I went on the court.

* * * * *
Daquan was sitting on the bench when I arrived. He looked at me with his big dark brown eyes as if he was sincere. I dribbled the ball and shot it from the three point line. My shot was net, nothing but net. I love making three point shots. "Chrissy can I talk to you?" Daquan asked as he walked up to me. I held the ball in my hands and looked at him as if he was crazy.
"What?" I sassed.
"I'm sorry about the kiss...can I make it up to you?" He asked. To be honest I wanted to take him back by my place and fuck him but I have to remember Christopher.
"Nope" I stated. I walked away from him. I actually ended up walking home. I wasn't interested in his bullshit.
I went inside and locked the door.
"Chrissy whats wrong?" Cam asked.
"Nothing" I said as I passed him in the hallway. I entered my room and flopped on my bed. I laid there and quietly thought to myself.