Chapter 26

"Christina!" Kayla yelled. As soon as I looked in her direction everything went black.
When I finally opened my eyes Christopher Max and Cameron were standing over me. "She's up" Max said. I gave them a puzzled look. "What happened?" I asked. "You passed out from dehydration" Chris said. "Did we win the game?" I asked. Cam shook his head no. I let out a long sigh. We never lost a game. Literally. Cam handed me a cup of water. I slowly sat up on the couch and drank it. "I need a shower" I said as I passed the empty cup to Cam. I got up and headed to the bathroom. I washed my hair and showered. After that I went into my room and laid down. Its bothering me that we lost the game. I honestly doubt this weekend could get worse. "You okay baby?" Chris asked. "Yeah where is Tasha and Mason?" I replied.
"At the hospital Tasha is going into labor"
"Aint she like 5 months pregnant though?"
"Yeah but because of her complications they say its too risky to let her carry the baby past 6 months"
"Oh wow...do you think that the baby will be okay?"
"According to Mason its hard to tell"
"I hope both of them make it. Mason takes death harder than anyone else"
"How?"
"He won't eat or go out. When mom died he just slept he barely did anything. He locked hisself in his room for days. When he finally came out he got sick because he wasn't eating"
"Wow"
"Yeah"
I really hope Tasha and her baby make it. Chris and I talked until his dad called him. His dad had been driving him crazy about the bakery for weeks.
So I'm now alone in my bed. I turned on the tv and flipped through the channels. There was nothing interesting so I turned the tv back off. I rolled on my stomach and fell asleep.

* * * * *
"Chrissy!" Max yelled as she banged on my door. I peeled out of my bed with my eyes halfway open. I opened my door. "Girl" she said in a calmer voice.
"What" I groaned. "We have to go" she said.
"Where?"
"Hospital"
"Is Tasha okay?"
"Yeah"
"Is the baby okay?"
"She is stable"
"Wait...she has a girl? I have a niece?"
"Yes Chrissy"
I jumped around in my room.
"Hey hospital then celebrate" Max said. I grabbed my keys and left for the hospital.

* * * * *
I held my niece in my arms. She looked at me and gave me a confused look. "Hey Renae" I said in a sweet voice to her. I took her tiny hand and held on to it. Renae began to cry when she heard Tasha's voice. "I got her"Mason said taking her out of my arms. I watched Mason play with his daughter and Tasha sat next to him. I can't believe she's here. I tear actually fell down my face. "Nigga is you crying?" Cam asked.
"No punk" I said quickly wiping the tear. He chuckled at me and picked up Renae from Mason's arms.
We all talked until dad walked in.
"Where is my grand baby?" Dad asked. How did he know? Cam placed Renae in dad's arms. Am I the only lost one in the building? Everybody just getting along like nothing ever happened.
"Carter!" A female yelled causing my niece to scream. Keisha walked in waving a paper in his face.
"What is this?" He asked as Tasha took Renae from him. Dad looked at the paper and balled it up. "What's wrong dad?" Mason asked.
"Yo daddy owe me money for the next 18 years" Keisha said in a sassy tone.
"First of all I was always protected. So get yo ass outta here" dad said to Keisha. Keisha's yellow skin color turned red. "Why you fronting Carter? You said you was gonna put a baby in me. You did that and you ain't owning up to it" Keisha screamed. "Listen here I say a lot of things just for pussy. I wouldn't dare put a baby in your uneducated ass so stop lying" dad said as anger filled his voice. The nurse came in and asked Keisha to leave. But she wasn't having it.
"This yo baby Carter!" She yelled as she walked out. The nurse slammed the door in her face.
"Okay visiting hours are over" the nurse said. Max Cam and I left. Mason put up a fight to stay. Max spent the night in Cameron's room shooting "porn movies."

* * * * *
The next morning I woke up around 11:30. I freshened up and called Chris.
"Baby girl what's up?" He answered.
"I'm good. I just woke up and I'm hungry" I said.
"Get ready Ima take you for brunch"
"Any dress code?"
"Baby we going IHOP not a fancy place"
"Okay baby"
He hung up and I got dressed. I put on a pair of shorts and a tank top. My shorts feel a bit snug. I guess I'm gaining weight. I changed from shorts to leggings and a crop top with my Adidas sneakers. I let my curls flow on my shoulders. I parted my hair to the side and fluffed my hair.
Within 30 minutes Christopher arrived. I opened the door for him. He kissed me on the cheek and we left for IHOP.

*              *                 *                    *                 *
I chewed on my pancakes. Syrup was all over my chin making it sticky. Chris looked at me and laughed. "What?" I asked.
"Nothing Ms Piggy" he teased.
"Fuck you I'm hungry"
"Now?"
"Ughh"
Chris continued to laugh as I ate my pancakes.
"Later?" He asked. I rolled my eyes at him.
He smiled and tickled my side.
We finished up our food and talked. Chris payed for our breakfast and shortly after he took me to the mall.

*              *                 *                    *                 *
"Why are we here?" I asked.
"I wanna take you shopping" he said as he looked at my ass.
"Am I getting fat?"
"Just that ass"
"You sure its only my ass?"
"Positive princess"
He kissed me on my forehead. We walked through the mall hand and hand. He took me in forever 21 and spent about $100 on jeans and shorts for me.
I appreciate it. I am so grateful that I have him. He is so considerate.