Part V

Mariana's POV- January 2016

I couldn't do homework in my dorm room because my bed was there and I would probably end up taking a nap. If I went to the small little living room down the hallway there was a chance someone would go talk with me. I could go to the campus library, but I decided against it since I would have to be there later on. It's not like it was a lot of homework, it was literally a critical analysis/reading response on a reading.

"Where are you going?"

"A coffee shop downtown" I answered as I slipped on my backpack.

Ellie smiled and nodded.

"Alright, let me know which coffee shop so I can at least know where you're at"

I gave her two thumps up as I made my way out of the room. The walk to the coffee shop was short, and I mentally highfived myself when I saw no one was there. I ordered a salted caramel latte and a scone before texting Ellie where I was. I took a seat and pulled out my iPad and book. If I finished my reading response in the next hour, there was a chance I could eat something. I quickly stood up as my order was called out.

"Thank you" I told the barista who offered me a smile and went back to work.

I did not have coffee today, so my body was extremely thankful as I took a sip of the latte. I placed the cup on the table and took a deep breath as I reached for the book. It was time to do some homework. I pulled my wireless earphones out of my bag and connected them through bluetooth. I ate the scone and I quickly began my introduction and glanced at the reading next to me as I quoted the book. I looked up when I felt someone staring at me and I smiled when I recognized the blond who was making his way over.

"Should you be drinking that?" I asked as I eyed the drink he was holding while taking off my earphones.

He lightly chucked as he took a sip of his drink.

"I really wanted coffee, but went for hot chocolate instead"

He glanced at the screen of my iPad and raised an eyebrow.

"Am I interupting?"

"No, I literally just finished" I answered.

He nodded slowly.

"Can I take a seat?"

"Of course" I replied.

I expected him to sit across from me, but instead he sat next to me.

"How's the head?" I asked.

"I've slept a lot"

"You look healthy" I admitted.

He chuckled and adjusted the glasses on his nose.

"I'm getting there"

I nodded.

"You don't normaly wear your glasses?" I asked.

"No, but my head hurts when I wear my contacts"

He smiled.

"Do you wear contacts?"

"I do, but I don't mind wearing my glasses" I stated.

"You see I'm really blind"

I laughed.

"Yeah?" I asked.

He nodded.

"You're the guy who owns prescription sun glasses, aren't you?" I asked.

He grinned and shrugged lightly.

"Well it's a good thing I lifted your sun glasses from your puke" I said.