Part LIV

William's POV- January 2017

I slipped on my fitted joggers and took a deep breath as I reached for my phone that had chimed. I ran a towel through my still wet hair as I unlocked my phone. I had texted George when I got out of the shower asking if he could come over since he didn't answer his phone.

Can't I'm with Jo

Mariana was going to be pissed, so I replied.

K, thanks anyways

I locked my phone and slipped it in my pocket. I nearly tripped over Babe who bolted inside the room and hopped up on the bed. I made my way downstairs and took a deep breath as I made my way into the living room. 

"So do you not like this Jo?"

I cleared my throat getting both the attention from my girlfriend, and her mother.

"William, I have not heard much of you but I have heard enough to make me like you"

I smiled.

"Are you a hugger or are we shaking hands?" I asked.

I watched as she raised an eyebrow a bit at me. I was raised in North America so my english didn't really have an accent unless I didn't fully pronounce my words which was what I was doing at the moment.

"I'm a hugger"

I nodded and looked at Mariana who smiled as I hugged her mom.

"I'm Valentina, Mariana's mother"

"I didn't think we'd meet, Ana told me you were out of town" I said as I pulled away.

"I was, I literally just flew back from Cancun"

"Got a nice tan then, eh?" I asked.

She smiled and nodded.

"That is such a beautiful accent, can I ask where you're from?"

"Sweden" I replied.

"And what brought you to Toronto?"

"Work" I answered.

She hummed.

"Can I ask what you work in?"

"I travel" I said.

"So like a businessmen?"

She smiled.

"You honestly could pass off as a model"

I touched my chest and smiled.

"You're too kind" I said.

She took a seat and patted the spot in between Mariana and her. I took a seat and looked at Mariana who offered me a smile.

"Did George get back to you?"

"He's with Jo" I told him.

She pursed her lips and nodded.

"So do we not like Jo?"

I looked at Marian when her mom placed her hand on my bicep and squeezed it.

"You claim business man, I say athlete and so does your body"

Valentina lightly grabbed my face and I gulped as I looked right into her eyes.

"Your daughter has your eyes" I mumbled.

She winked at me.

"You can't lie to these eyes, right?"

I shook my head slowly earning a smirk from her.

"So are you sure you're a business man?"

She let go of my face and turned to Mariana who rolled her eyes.