Part XXXIII

Mariana's POV- September 2016

I stuffed the last piece of muffin in my mouth and made my way towards the garage door.

"Babe" I called out.

I turned around when I heard the sound of a little bell. I could hear him, but I could not see my small pup.

"I'm leaving" I said as I opened the garage door.

A light bark was heard and I smiled as my small mini dachshund showed himself. He slowly hopped down the two stairs. I picked him up and opened the door. I set him on his car seat and closed the door. I made my way back inside and grabbed my camera and bag before officially making my way out. I got in the car and turned to look at Babe who had busied himself to playing with his chew toy. I reached for my phone and hooked it to the car mouth before I pressed the button on the small remote located on my sun visor and turned my car on as the garage door opened. 

"Watch them all be early for once in their life" I told Blue.

He stopped chewing on his toy and wagged his tail.

"Alright, let's go" I said as I pressed the remote again and looked at my phone that was ringing.

I answered the call and put it on speaker.

"Hey" I greeted as I began driving.

"What's my twin sister up to this beautiful Sunday morning?"

"She's headed to El Segundo" I replied.

"For?"

"I get to take roster pictures today" I told him.

"For like the whole team?"

"Prospects included" I stated.

He cleared his throat.

"Remember to make them look intimidating, this picture will represent them for the next year"

"Don't remind me" I admitted.

I was actually really nervous.

"If they don't have teeth they should refrain from smiling"

I laughed.

"Make Kempe look like shit though"

He was protective of our soon to be step sister. I don't really blame him though, her first relationship was with Adrian. He was known to be cocky and flirty, but she made him work for it. Her whole life prior to meeting Adrian was gymnastics. She was considered a top gymnast at the young age of 12, but injury forced her to retire from Elite gymnastics. I met her when she was 13 years old, and her mom Dina had moved to Ontario to get away from the heavy gymnastics world. My dad and Dina began dating shortly after he was officially divorced. I was 18 years old at the time, and they had dated almost 3 years  I hadn't really seen much of Selena this year. I was in Toronto so I missed her UCLA gymnastics debut, but George was there cheering for her. She lived with my dad and her mom during the summer, but she ended up going to Sweden for a month to meet Adrian's family. I hadn't seen much of her since she had conditioning for gymnastics. School would be starting next week, so I would see her a little more since I would be going to campus often.

"He's nice to her" I stated.

"I guess"

"How's Toronto life treating you?" I asked.

I parked my car and reached for my phone. I sent Cat a text and hummed when I got no response from George.

"Sorry I was submitting my homework"