Part XXXVII

Mariana's POV- December 2016

I let out a content sigh as I finally got to lay in my bed.  After an incredibly long day, I was thrilled that I could sleep in tomorrow. Just as I was about to shut off the lamp, my phone screen lit up and began ringing. I answered the call and shifted on my side as George appeared on the screen.

"You're ignoring me"

He raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not, I was going to call you back tomorrow" I told him.

George had been trying to reach me all week, but I had been incredibly busy. Final exams were in two weeks and as prepared as I was for the hands on part, I was having a real hard time memorizing/remembering terms and methods.

"I believe you"

I nodded.

"So when were you going to tell me that you had something with William Nylander?"

"I don't think that's any of your business" I stated.

He had figured it out, and it took less than a month.

"It becomes my business when the guy has a panic attack in front of me!"

He sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"I thought you were smarter than this Mari"

He shook his head.

"Did mom and dad's relation not teach you anything?"

Mom and dad had the same type of relation I had with William when George and I were conceived. 

"It's a miracle you didn't end up pregnant"

"I'm not stupid" I told him.

He hummed.

"Your actions beg to differ Mariana"

He shook his head.

"Someone always catches feelings"

In our parents case, it had been my dad. In my case, it had been both Will and I.

"If you ignore me after this conversation I will personally tell William that you know Adrian Kempe"

Adrian and Will were close friends, they had actually played on the same hockey team and represented Sweden at the World Juniors.

"I wasn't ignoring you" I told him.

He hummed.

"I don't know if I should believe you or not"

"Why are you mad at me?" I asked.

"Because never in my life did I think my sister would break up with a guy through a note"

"He told you" I said.

"He told me everything"

"Then you know about his exgirlfriend" I stated.

"Yeah, she's a crazy fuck. You would have realized that if you hadn't flown back to Cali a whole 2 days before you were supposed to! You missed the Dodger game!"

He was still bitter that I chose not to go to a baseball game and chose to come home instead.

"Shouldn't you be in bed?" I wondered.

It was a bit past midnight meaning it was 3AM in Toronto.

"I should be, but I drank coffee and now I can't sleep"

He sighed.

"Don't you dare try to change the subject. If you must know he confronted his psycho ex-girlfriend and set things straight with her. He also changed his phone number and blocked her from all his social media. If you had stayed like you said you would you would have realized that this guy is head over heels in love with you"

I shrugged.

"What's done is done" I stated.

"You can fix this though"

"Why are you helping him?" I asked.

"Because he made you happy and you're not happy right now"

I looked at the screen.

"You're going to talk with him because you're an adult and not a child"

He raised an eyebrow.

"Can I think about it?" I asked.

"Of course, I'm giving you until Sunday night to give me an answer"

He smiled.

"You're going to talk to him regardless, I told him you'd hear him out and you will. He deserves an explanation, and you will give him one"

I raised an eyebrow.

"You'll thank me later"

He ended the call and I groaned. Never in my life did I think my brother would scold me for not dating a guy. I let out a sigh as I shifted so I was on my back. It's a good thing I could sleep in tomorrow because I knew I wasn't going to bed anytime soon.

"Why did I answer that call?" I asked myself.

A/N: Watching the Bachelor and I don't want either of these two women to end up with him.