Part VII

William's POV- January 2016

I frowned as the piece of sushi I was about to eat fell on my lap because Kappy nudged me.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"I figured you'd want to breath since you've been scarfing down food since we got here"

"I'm starving" I defended.

"Try chewing, that way you actually taste the food"

I ate the piece of sushi that fell on my lap and reached for my drink. It was 80's Karaoke night, so there weren't as many people young people around. I was thankful for that, I enjoyed eating without being interrupted.

"So how are things with you and Mariana?"

"Why are you asking me this?" I asked.

"Because she's incredibly attractive"

He had a point there, Mariana was nice on the eyes and her personality made her even more attractive.

"She's here for the semester though" I said.

"You're just making up excuses"

He was right, I had my heart broken a day after I was drafted. I still wasn't really fully over it.

"I get it, you had your heart broken but don't you think it's time to move on?"

He had a point; it had been over 2 years since then.

"Speak of the devil"

I followed his gaze to see Mariana taking a sip of what looked to be a margarita. She was not alone, there was another girl eating sushi across from her.

"This is fate"

"No it's not" I told him.

"You're just in denial"

He waved the waiter over and asked what Mariana was drinking.

"Put it on my tab"

The waiter nodded and walked away.

"What are you up to?" I asked.

He smiled.

"I'm helping you"

We watched as the waiter got two margaritas from the bartender before making his way towards Mariana and her friend. He placed them on the table and spoke to them.

"Wave with me"

I watched as Mariana looked towards us as the waiter pointed us out. Kappy and I waved at them as the waiter walked away.

"Should we invite them over?"

"No" I told him.

He grinned.

"Come on man, I promise not to embarras you"

"You already did" I muttered.

"Holy shit she's making her way over"

"You're lying" I said.

He shook his head and I sat up straight when I saw her making her way over.

"Hey"

For some reason I could not speak, so I just smiled.

"Thanks for the drinks"

Kappy smiled.

"We figured you were enjoying ladies night"

She nodded and looked at me.

"How are you doing?"