Part XXXIV

William's POV- October 2016

After last night's home opener against the Bruins the guys decided to celebrate the 4-1 win so we went clubbing. The vets had designated one of the rookies to keep an eye on me. I was technically a rookie since I had yet to play a full NHL season. I was supposed to not get drunk, yet I found myself sitting on a couch incredibly hungover clutching a bucket as I puked my guts out. Mitch Marner, you had failed everyone myself included. I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on my breathing once I stopped throwing up.

"Let's get you cleaned up"

I opened my eyes when  a warm towel lightly dabbed my face. I was currently at Auston Matthews' apartment and his girlfriend was cleaning puke off my face. 

"Do you think you can stand up?"

I shook my head and she smiled.

"Ok, let me find another bucket so I can empty out that one"

It was honestly quite embarrassing, but I was incredibly thankful that someone was taking care of me and not yelling at me for being hungover.

"Let's get you hydrated. I would say let's eat something, but I doubt you want to eat anything"

She was right, if I ate something there was a chance I'd throw up again.

"Here you go darling"

She took the bucket of puke and handed me a clean one.

"Which one do you want?"

She was holding two gatorades, a blue and red one. I pointed at the blue one and she nodded.

"Alright, let me open that for you"

She set the red one on the couch and opened the blue gatorade for me.

"Thanks" I mumbled.

I took a sip of the gatorade as she walked away with the other bucket. I took a deep breath and leaned back against the couch. 

"How did I get here?" I asked when she came back a few minutes later.

She set the bucket on the floor and made her way to the kitchen where she washed her hands. I looked at her when she didn't respond, but noticed she was whisking some eggs.

"You got here all on your own"

Props to drunk William in remembering how to get to Auston's apartment because I sure as hell did not remember how to get here.

"Do you not remember anything from last night?"

"I know Mitch was supposed to be taking care of me" I told her.

She smiled and nodded as she heated up a pan.

"That boy can hardly take care of himself, why would they put him in charge of another person?"

I shrugged and watched as she made some french toast and eggs. Just the smell alone made me nauseous, so I was thankful when she opened up a window and sat on the counter.

"When did I change?" I asked.

She smiled.

"Do you really want to know?" 

I shifted so I was leaning on the couch, but still holding the bucket.

"I'm actually a bit scared to know" I admitted.

She lightly laughed and grabbed two plates.

"You sure you don't want anything to eat?"

"I'm sure" I replied.