Chapter 7: Maid Of The Mist

We walked as I read over the pamphlet. There were so many activities and shops around us. I was abnormally excited and felt like doing everything.

People where everywhere, and I do mean everywhere. This was one of the most famous tourist attractions, I should've known it would be full of people.

"How close can we get to the falls?" I asked Logan, folding the map to find the direct location of the falls.

I was jerked to a stop by my belt and looked up. A rail was just inches from me and beyond, the most incredible thing I've ever seen.

Logan let go of my belt, "Wow, this is amazing. No wonder people come here to get married."

"Oh my gosh," I whispered.

The roar of rushing water was deafening and the sight was even better. Gallons upon gallons of water fell over the falls and I could feel the mist spraying me in the face faintly. My grin was about to split my face, I'm sure.

"Hey Eva."

I looked over my shoulder at Logan and didn't have time to move as he quickly took a picture of me.

"Hey! I wasn't ready," I complained.

"Real action pictures are better than prepared ones. I love candid shots," Logan shrugged with a grin. He walked to my side and turned me around so the falls were behind us, "Smile!"

I grinned just in time for the picture and maybe looked decent this time.

"So, what to do, what to do," Logan hummed as he took the brochure, reading over it.

I left him to carefully scan over the options we had. My hands wrapped around the rusty metal railing as I looked down over the cliff edge. There were rails and stairways that zig zagged everywhere.

My eyes widened as I spotted a large boat coasting around at the bottom of the falls, swimming around in the spray.

"I want to do that," I pointed to it excitedly.

"You want to be down there?" Logan raised an eyebrow and folded up the pamphlet.

"Yes! Come on, I'm sure someone can tell us how to get there," I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him away from the railing.

Sure enough, a nice woman at a kiosk told us exactly how to get a boat ride to the falls' spray. Apparently it was called Maid of the Mist. I was so anxious I was shaking as we stood in line for a ticket.

"I don't know how I feel about you paying for things," Logan said as I started to fish out the money we'd need.

I waved him off, "Please, I've been pampered my whole life. Let me do it for someone else for a change."

"My grandpa always told me to pay for the lady," he protested.

"Your grandpa has never met me," I chuckled.

"Two adults please," I said politely to the ticket man when we finally got to the front.

He just blankly took the money and handed me our tickets, "Group two, go stand over there."

We went over to the group of people he gestured to and just waited. The first group of people ahead of us got to get on first and then we got to take their place waiting.