Chapter 27: Flexibility

I breathed in deeply as I stretched in the early morning light. Logan and I had gotten a room with a lengthy balcony.

I had moved the chairs and made a space for myself to move freely.

Since I hadn't been working out or stretching everyday like my mothers routine required, I was feeling a little stiff.

In a tank top and some shorts with my hair pulled into a messy bun, I had found some peace on the balcony while Logan slept.

I don't know why I had woke up so early, but I did.

I went into a lunge and tilted to one side, bracing one hand on the concrete next to my foot while stretching the other in the air.

Yoga was a very relaxing, liberating activity. I was one of the girls that enjoyed silent, peaceful stretching.

Although I hadn't kept up on my routine, my muscle memory quickly allowed me to stretch out.

I slid into the splits and laid flat against my leg for a moment before slowly pushing myself back up and tilting backwards to bend the other way.

It probably looked like I was trying to tie myself into a knot but it felt fine.

I sat cross legged and stuck one arm in the air, tilting to one side and then the other.

Then I moved to a plank position before turning to one side, bracing just one arm under myself and throwing the other above my head.

My core could use a little work.

I ended up bending into an actual backbend before stretching one leg into the air.

"Can you explain to me what exactly it is you're doing?"

I untwisted myself from my position and sat down, looking at Logan, "Yoga. Wanna try?"

"I don't think I'm made to bend like that," Logan chuckled.

I shrugged and stood up, "I felt like I was loosing my flexibility."

"Believe me, you're flexible enough," Logan smirked and I swatted him.

I took a quick shower before packing my stuff up. I brushed my teeth as Logan looked around.

"Have you seen my sweatshirt?" He asked, searching the room.

I picked it up out of my bag and tossed it to him. He caught it and stuffed it in his bag without folding it. I kinda wanted to take it out and actually fold it but I couldn't find the motivation.

"So where to next?" Logan looked at me expectantly.

I paused my brushing and attempted to speak around my brush, "Er...Yellowstone national park, Wyoming."

His eyebrows lifted, "That's a good drive."

I nodded and went to spit out the mess of toothpaste.

"It's a two days drive or so," I said as I left the bathroom, slipping on my sneakers.

"That'll be fun," Logan grinned at me.

Since we had a long drive ahead of us, Logan and I decided that we should pick up some food that we could just take with us instead of stopping to eat so much on the way.

So that's how I ended up in a shopping cart, reading a penny pincher catalog while Logan raced around the store.

"Rainbow goldfish are half off," I said, pointing to a big box on the shelf.

"Kay," Logan said, handing me the box. I tucked it behind me and looked at a list I'd made.

"Water bottles," I said, and he grabbed a small carton of water. I giggled as Logan sped off, the wheels of the cart screeching as he took sharp turns for fun.