Chapter 9: Gone Fishing

Honnnkkkkkkkk! Honk honkkkkk!

"What the fuck?"

"Turn it off," I begged Logan. What an annoying alarm. My mom used to have one like that but it was more shrill. I hate alarms.

"It's a ship Eva," he chuckled.

"Too early," I said, rolling over and squashing my face into my pillow.

Logan and I had arrived in Cape Cod pretty late. We had some more fast food before we checked into a cute bed and breakfast near a pretty lighthouse.

Big mistake with the lighthouse.

Logan sat up from his spot on a pullout couch and looked out the window, "It looks nice today. Might be a bit chilly though, the wind is up."

I yawned and pulled the covers up around my chin,"I'll wear a sweater."

"It's pretty early."

"Yeah, too early," I replied. I had come to enjoy sleeping in.

"What's number three on your list?"

"Myrtle beach, I believe," I muttered.

"How far away is that from here?"

"Uh, fourteen hours or so?" I rubbed my eyes and tried to remember the math I wrote down last night.

"Well let's get the day started so we can get to the beach before next week," Logan chuckled, "I have an idea."

"What would that be? It's too early for anything to be open right now," I sat up with a tired sigh.

"Ever gone fishing?"

I perked up and looked at him, "No, I've never been fishing. How would we go?"

"The sea is literally right there. We could just rent a boat, some poles, grab some bait and get out there. I know how to drive a boat," he shrugged, getting up and scratching his back relaxedly.

I still couldn't look at his toned muscles without looking like a damn strawberry. It wasn't my fault I've never been around a guy like him. I can't handle guys like this.

"I don't know how to fish," I said sheepishly.

"I'll teach you," Logan chuckled as he made his way to the bathroom.

I really wondered why his pants looked like that. I made my own assumptions.

The thought made my face feel hotter.

I shook my head and changed while Logan was in the bathroom. I put on a long sleeved sweater and vest with some jeans because it was cooler today.

The Nike tennis shoes I slipped on were much more comfortable than heels. We ate a quick breakfast of omelets and hash browns, curtesy of the cute couple that ran this place, and left the B&B.

"I asked the guy where the marina was at and they have some boat rentals there. Told me it probably wasn't a good idea to go out past the yellow buoys though because the wind is making the tide pick up," Logan said as we walked.