Chapter 30: Why?

"Your move, city girl," Logan raised an eyebrow challengingly.

I stared at my options, taking each of them into consideration, "Big talk for a guy with only one king."

"That's all I need."

I pushed my checker onto another spot, slowly scooting it across the board, "Take that."

"Take it like I took the last game," Logan snorted as he picked up his king and tapped it across the board, taking four of my checkers.

I groaned as I laid back in the tub, sloshing water around, "That's not fair."

"How so?" Logan chuckled.

I flicked some suds at him, "I just learned how to play checkers today."

"Oh yeah, because the chick who can beat the queen at chess can't master checkers in an hour," Logan laughed and wiped off the soap, "You wrinkly yet?"

I raised a hand and studied my fingers, "Hmmm, nope, not yet. I don't resemble a prune."

He groaned exasperatedly, "I'll tell you what's not fair- this."

I chuckled as I laid back in the tub leisurely, "You're fine."

"I do need to take a shower too, you know."

"Then join me," I raised a suggestive eyebrow.

"Really?"

"Nah," I giggled.

"Tease," Logan skulked, leaning against the side of the tub heavily.

We both looked at the door when we heard scratching and whining. Nix was a bit of a clingy dog. We soon figured out that she didn't like to be separated from me for long.

"See, even Nixie wants you to hurry up," Logan sighed, standing up.

We had been waiting on touring hours for the geysers, so I'd hopped in the tub for some me time. I eventually got bored and figured I'd get Logan to entertain me.

I rolled my eyes and pushed in the tub drain with my big toe, "Fineeeee."

Logan threw a towel at me and I wrapped it around myself, leaving the bathroom to go pick out an outfit for the day.

I laid everything out and turned to pull my hair out of its bun. I got dressed while Logan took a quick shower.

I turned when Nix growled playfully and gasped, "No! No, no, no Nix!"

I scrambled to snatch my bra away from her, clutching the towel to my chest, "Come here!"

She danced away from me, thinking I was playing. I growled as I grabbed a strap, pulling on it, "Give."

She growled louder and shook her head roughly.

"Go get your teddy bear!"

I reached forward and finally yanked my bra away from Nix.

"What's going on here?" Logan wandered out of the bathroom, a towel around his waist.

"Nix is a tiny asshole," I grumbled.

I gasped when she grabbed my towel and tore it off, running away as fast as her claws on the wooden floor would allow.

"I love that dog," Logan said wistfully.

••••••••••••

Logan and I were waiting for the yellow bus tour. Apparently, there was a huge, off road looking vehicle that resembled a big yellow bus. We figured we'd take that instead of walking.